Did Disney layoff cleaning staff?

Tay

Original Poster
So I went both Wednesday and Friday to MK. The bathrooms were disgusting both times. The tables were dirty. I sat down and ate for an hour both days and the tables were so dirty and there were few jerks who left their trash on the tables. There was only 1 cleaning person in each restaurant. Hand sanitizer stations were empty especially on Friday. Literally everyone was empty. Of all the people to layoff why the cleaning people during a pandemic? That’s like the idiot airlines who fired pilots.

MorphinePrince

So I went both Wednesday and Friday to MK. The bathrooms were disgusting both times. The tables were dirty. I sat down and ate for an hour both days and the tables were so dirty and there were few jerks who left their trash on the tables. There was only 1 cleaning person in each restaurant. Hand sanitizer stations were empty especially on Friday. Literally everyone was empty. Of all the people to layoff why the cleaning people during a pandemic? That’s like the idiot airlines who fired pilots.
Funny, I was at MK both those days as well and thought the park was cleaner than ever. We had dinner at Pecos Bill's and they had Cast Members stationed in each area cleaning tables, sweeping the floors, and keeping the trash emptied out. Likewise, the bathrooms were immaculate and well stocked. I think Disney is doing an incredible job keeping the resort clean with the reduced staffing.

Cadbury

Even with "limited capacity" do you realize how many people visit the MK on any given day? The CMs who are tasked with cleaning sometimes just can't keep up. I remember being in a restroom in the MK and observing a CM doing his cleaning routine. I swear once he was finished and left, some random guy comes running in and pukes all over the floor. He looked at me and said "sucks to be the person who's gotta clean this up.":rolleyes:

Lilofan

Even with "limited capacity" do you realize how many people visit the MK on any given day? The CMs who are tasked with cleaning sometimes just can't keep up. I remember being in a restroom in the MK and observing a CM doing his cleaning routine. I swear once he was finished and left, some random guy comes running in and pukes all over the floor. He looked at me and said "sucks to be the person who's gotta clean this up.":rolleyes:
Some act in a way when using a bathroom on vacation that they wouldn't dare do at home like cleaning up after themselves . Depositing trash in a trash can is not top of mind of some.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

To answer the original question.... Yes, they did. As well as a load of Restaurant personnel.
As expected? Many of these folks are gone, and have new jobs elsewhere.

It's probably harsh on my part, but I will say: when a company throws a human being away? That company should not expect that human to sit around, waiting for a "call back". Being human, they need to eat :(.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No

Yup, one time I had to hit the restroom cause of a bad churro at DCA and I heard both diarrhea and vomiting from other unfortunate souls.
But to be honest, Disney throwing sweets in our faces at every turn.. they're not faultless.

Cadbury

I heard both diarrhea and vomiting from other unfortunate souls.
disney ursula GIF

Ayla

I know this doesn't answer your question, BUT, maybe if people weren't such pigs, the parks wouldn't look so bad.
Trash cans wouldn't be overflowing if that were the case. I know you've seen the multiple pictures of trash cans that obviously haven't been emptied for days.

aliceismad

There's a very long other thread here about Disney's struggles to hire with a lot of speculation as to why people may not want to return to Disney jobs like cleaning.

But also the College Program is just restarting, and Disney utilizes a wealth of young employees through that method.

Lilofan

One item is social media . How many workers in companies are being unproductive and keeping their heads buried into their smartphones instead of doing what they are paid to do?

drizgirl

One item is social media . How many workers in companies are being unproductive and keeping their heads buried into their smartphones instead of doing what they are paid to do?
Wait, what? You're saying the Disney custodians are standing around posting to social media instead of emptying the trash cans? That's from out in left field. Have you seen this happening?

Lilofan

Wait, what? You're saying the Disney custodians are standing around posting to social media instead of emptying the trash cans? That's from out in left field. Have you seen this happening?
Yes from my vantage point as a guest enjoying the day at the park. No reason jumping on a fellow forum member like that. Have a good one!

Tay

Original Poster
Funny, I was at MK both those days as well and thought the park was cleaner than ever. We had dinner at Pecos Bill's and they had Cast Members stationed in each area cleaning tables, sweeping the floors, and keeping the trash emptied out. Likewise, the bathrooms were immaculate and well stocked. I think Disney is doing an incredible job keeping the resort clean with the reduced staffing.
Every time I went to the bathroom I could barely find a toilet without pee on it. I also could barely find a table without crumbs. I did go to the bathroom and eat at restaurants in areas with the most little kids so there’s that.

Tay

Original Poster
I honestly did see quite a few on their phones but they immediately answered my questions so there’s that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom