Did Disney forget to reset their IT clocks?

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
This type of thing always amazes me. How could a company who wants people to start booking 60 days out, forget to reset their clocks?

Because their IT department (or mostly the outsourcing providers) only do whatever project spec they are told to do from the business so they likely didn't have that spec'ed out....anyone would know to do this but if most of their development is occurring well from those contracted out then they may not care. This is just another opportunity for them to get another project to fix it along with more $

Bandini

Original Poster
Because their IT department (or mostly the outsourcing providers) only do whatever project spec they are told to do from the business so they likely didn't have that spec'ed out....anyone would know to do this but if most of their development is occurring well from those contracted out then they may not care. This is just another opportunity for them to get another project to fix it along with more $
Shouldn't this be automated in the background of their programs? I don't know piddly squat about programming, but most of my devices have this DST built in to the system. It seems rudimentary to me. Especially for a time dependent program like MDE.

DisneyDebRob

It's a hour late, for a 30 or 60 day fast pass. Come on guys, it's not that big of a deal.
Should they have had it ready to go? Of course. I wonder why it isn't built in.
But seriously, not really a story here.
There are so many reasons to hit Disney over the head, this isn't one of them. IMO

Bandini

Original Poster
It's a hour late, for a 30 or 60 day fast pass. Come on guys, it's not that big of a deal.
There are so many reasons to hit Disney over the head, this isn't one of them. IMO
I guess it's not a big deal to you since you're not the one who was trying to books FP's. I got it. But this has been going on every year since FP+ was implemented. If this was the first year, I'd agree with you, but FP+ has been around for 4-5 years.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I completely agree, and since everyone is in the same boat, it wasn't like they lost out on anything. It is unbelievable that people will bring up every little reason for bashing Disney nowadays. I wonder what a thread about all of their mistakes would look like.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I guess it's not a big deal to you since you're not the one who was trying to books FP's. I got it. But this has been going on every year since FP+ was implemented. If this was the first year, I'd agree with you, but FP+ has been around for 4-5 years.
Umm, since no one could make a FP+ any earlier than you, exactly how did you miss out, and how is it a big deal for you? Should it have worked correctly? Well, of course, but since no one lost anything because of it, it really is a non-issue.

DisneyDebRob

It was closed for a hour.. to everyone. No one is getting in front of the line over others. A hour later is open to everyone again. I don't see the big deal. If it's been going on every year I probably would have planned for it then.
With that said I do hope you get all the FP's you want.:)

Bandini

Original Poster
Umm, since no one could make a FP+ any earlier than you, exactly how did you miss out, and how is it a big deal for you? Should it have worked correctly? Well, of course, but since no one lost anything because of it, it really is a non-issue.
Did I say anything about missing out on FP's ? No. This is your attempt to discredit me.

But Answer this: Why isn't DST built into this programming by now? It's been around for quite a few years.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Did I say anything about missing out on FP's ? No. This is your attempt to discredit me.

But Answer this: Why isn't DST built into this programming by now? It's been around for quite a few years.
So you take this as trying to discredit you??? :confused: I never said you were wrong or that it didn't happen, so exactly how am I discrediting you? What I said was that it is a complete non-issue due to no one being able to make FP+ selections until the exact same time, just like it always has been.

Yes, it absolutely should not have happened. I think I stated that already. It was quite obviously an oversight of programming that I can guarantee will be fixed before the next change.

My question is why even bring it up, since pretty much by the time you posted this, it had already been fixed? Just to point out every single little flaw you can about Disney?

Bandini

Original Poster
Yes, it absolutely should not have happened. I think I stated that already. It was quite obviously an oversight of programming that I can guarantee will be fixed before the next change.
Really? It's going to be fixed? You guarantee it? That's a laugh, since it hasn't been fixed over the past 4 -5 years has it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom