Did anything happen Tuesday night February 28th 2012?

Merry Rose

Original Poster
We were at the Polynesian Tuesday night; ready to take the mono rail back to the kingdom to get to another hotel. All of a sudden everyone was lead off the monorail and told to get on a bus. Luau people were told to get on a bus; the bus drivers were a little unnerved. No one would tell us what was going on. The monorails were still going past the Polynesian without any of us on it, no one coming and no one going. The buses were brought special to take everyone to their destinations. Someone in the line said "Disney won't talk - Disney never talks". Anyone know?

Tom Morrow

Yes, the rail probably broke down or a train needed to be towed, and people, being stupid, automatically assume something terrible happened and Disney is conducting some huge conspiracy to keep them from hearing about it.

journ116

I recall seeing on this site that Disney will be working on the monorail line around that area due to damage, hence causing some delays or closures of the line. However, I'm not currently there and I don't work for Disney, so don't hold me to it.:shrug:

Merry Rose

Original Poster
It was all kind of weird. It was at the same time an ambulance and firetruck pulled up to the Poly. Not related, but just a weird aura... and then we got on the bus and the songs they were playing were not disney songs. One of the songs was the theme song to the Monkees - seriously. Well, plus the Three Stooges theme songs.
But if the rail broke down, why was the rail still going?

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
It was all kind of weird. It was at the same time an ambulance and firetruck pulled up to the Poly. Not related, but just a weird aura... and then we got on the bus and the songs they were playing were not disney songs. One of the songs was the theme song to the Monkees - seriously. Well, plus the Three Stooges theme songs.

if one breaks down, they will cycle the trains to the next station to get people off the other trains

TP2000

Were there black helicopters hovering over the buses? Disney only sends out the black helicopters for special occasions. :D

Tip Top Club

Just a typical downtime, not at all related to any of the other various monorail conspiracy threads happening right now.

That's right, nothing to do with extra train maintenance, expansion joints, Cold Weather, Or any of the other theories out there. Just a typical downtime. Hard to believe right.

Move Along.

RnRJoe6114

I did see an abundance(20+) of police, sheriff, ambulances and unmarked police cars heading towards the resort area on Osceola when I was leaving Tuesday evening, probably around 6 - 6:30. Saw a couple more heading north on the Turnpike just after I got on there too. Anyone know what that may of been in regards to? I've tried checking various news sources but haven't found a thing.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I did see an abundance(20+) of police, sheriff, ambulances and unmarked police cars heading towards the resort area on Osceola when I was leaving Tuesday evening, probably around 6 - 6:30. Saw a couple more heading north on the Turnpike just after I got on there too. Anyone know what that may of been in regards to? I've tried checking various news sources but haven't found a thing.

Im sure emergency services were needed. Ambulances tend to show up at those situations.

RnRJoe6114

Im sure emergency services were needed. Ambulances tend to show up at those situations.

It was an alarming amount of emergency vehicles though, not the amount you'd see showing up for some routine nonsense, most of which being sheriff and unmarked units. Only 1 ambulance I definitely remember seeing.

UnrealFire

I would guess the bus was playing the Pop Century loop.

monorailguy1987

the monorails closed at 10pm on tuesday as kingdom closed at 9 if you were at the luau and came from the then you take the busses back home.. NOTHING happened!

IanDLBZF

I have a funny feeling it could be a fire or medical emergency, or something of that nature......:hammer:
But I'm not to sure.

Merry Rose

Original Poster
Monorail guy - I believe you because initially that's what I had read. However, we asked so many people that day to make sure we had time to get back. Three different drivers said - yes, go to the MK up to 10:30 and you can get a bus back to the other resort. I also agree that the monorail should have stopped at 10:00, but it didn't - the monorail kept going for at least 30 minutes while we waited for the bus. And the reaction of the bus drivers was odd. So I'm glad nothing happened and there was no conspiracy. Lord knows Disney doesn't pay people enough for their silence.

pax_65

It was an alarming amount of emergency vehicles though, not the amount you'd see showing up for some routine nonsense, most of which being sheriff and unmarked units. Only 1 ambulance I definitely remember seeing.

Keep in mind if a call goes out for "Officer needs assistance" you will often get a tremendous response until the situation goes under control. In some areas, literally EVERY law enforcement agency will respond - local police, state police, sheriff, whatever. But that doesn't mean it was a big incident - maybe someone took a swing at an officer, he called for assistance and then quickly regained control of the situation. All the cars you saw might have turned around and the incident didn't even deserve a mention on the evening news.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom