Diamond Horseshoe Restaurant

Animaniac93-98

Any chance entertainment is brought back to the Diamond Horseshoe for the 50th?

Unlikely. Disney is successfully charging people $35-$40 pp to eat in there without a show. They're not going to spend money on equity performers as long as they can do that.

It's a shame, would be nice to have something like this playing there and not having people stare at an empty stage while they eat:

BromBones

Unlikely. Disney is successfully charging people $35-$40 pp to eat in there without a show. They're not going to spend money on equity performers as long as they can do that.

It's a shame, would be nice to have something like this playing there and not having people stare at an empty stage while they eat:

Disney has become very good at giving us less for more money.

TrainsOfDisney

The show was always a money loser and was only kept alive because some older Disney executives loved it. Not a chance it will ever come back under the current management.

And the equity performers wandering up and down Main Street are making money how?

People aren’t paying for one thing at Disney, they are paying for the entire experience.

TrainsOfDisney

Isn't the Disneyland counterpart, Golden Horseshoe, still operating with a show? Why can't we have that in WDW?

They actually just cut their version of the show which was called “Laughingstock” - basically the Frontierland version of Citizens of Hollywood. 3 actors and 1 piano player performing skits with members of the audience. I liked it, and I’m glad I went to so many of their shows on my past visits. They cut it along with the amazing Pixar orchestra that played next door at DCA.

They have since replaced it with a dueling pianos show and a strolling magician (one of the strolling magicians is precious WDW magician Jonathan Armstrong who used to perform at the Rose & Crown). I haven’t seen the new entertainment but Disneyland (like wdw) has excellent piano players so I’m guessing it’s a nice show.

Victor Kelly

I remember is as the Diamond Horseshoe Review. Can can dancers, Miss Kitty who always found a bald guy to plant a huge kiss on his head. Comedy bits and so on. All that and food as well.

It is nothing more than an empty skeleton now and has been for over 25 years. For the longest time it just sat empty and locked up.

TrainsOfDisney

Photos from the past year during the laughingstock show.

By the way.... a few years ago Disney tried a haunted saloon show at wdw... it was great. Featured magician “jack diamond” from the studios (as a different character of course), the dapper dans, a saloon girl, and a live piano player. Was so much fun.

Attachments

• 83F91368-A283-44E6-BC2F-12CC1AA753B3.jpeg
    83F91368-A283-44E6-BC2F-12CC1AA753B3.jpeg
    153.1 KB · Views: 321
  • EFD85802-845A-4276-B748-FB891B8AD4BA.jpeg
    EFD85802-845A-4276-B748-FB891B8AD4BA.jpeg
    153.8 KB · Views: 314

Heppenheimer

And the equity performers wandering up and down Main Street are making money how?

People aren’t paying for one thing at Disney, they are paying for the entire experience.
The budget for the show specifically came from the food services purse. The show was supposed to pay for itself with the restaurant profits, but the venue was too small to generate enough revenue. It didn't help that plenty of people, like my penny-pinching parents, only ordered the bare minimum.

The Diamond Horseshoe was unique in this matter.

TrainsOfDisney

The budget for the show specifically came from the food services purse. The show was supposed to pay for itself with the restaurant profits, but the venue was too small to generate enough revenue. It didn't help that plenty of people, like my penny-pinching parents, only ordered the bare minimum.

The Diamond Horseshoe was unique in this matter.

Did a bus driver explain that to you?

bubbles1812

I remember is as the Diamond Horseshoe Review. Can can dancers, Miss Kitty who always found a bald guy to plant a huge kiss on his head. Comedy bits and so on. All that and food as well.

It is nothing more than an empty skeleton now and has been for over 25 years. For the longest time it just sat empty and locked up.
While my dad is not bald, he did receive a cowboy hat and a huge kiss on his cheek from Miss Kitty. I have never seen my dad more red. I was 10, brothers 8 and 6. We still laugh about it to this day.

It was a fun show. If it still existed today, I’d probably do it every once in awhile. I am at least glad they utilize the building but I wish they’d kept something of the show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom