DHS Where to eat?

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Ok to be honest I have not even step foot in DHS the past few trips....like over 5 years. So maybe next trip I am curious to see the changes in progress....and revisit. Last visit we could not wait to leave for lack of food choices and took boat to Epcot. Curious to what others find good to eat at park for lunch or dinner? Thanks would like to spend a whole day there but 1/2 day has usually been our thing.:angelic:

Zipadeelady

Honestly I would recommend the three table services that we've had in the past.

Sci Fi - atmosphere is fantastic, food not the best on property but worth experiencing at least once.

50's - again atmosphere is fantastic and if you get a good server it makes it a memorable experience, food is pretty good.

Mamma Melrose - atmosphere is good and I thought the food was great, some compare it to an Olive Garden but I thought it was much better.

For quick services I'd take a boat to Epcot. :bored:

zurgandfriend

In DHS, I would say 50’s PTC or Hollywood Brown Derby those are our favorites. Otherwise take the boat, or walk, to Crescent Lake and enjoy one of the restaurants in the resorts there.

CoreNovawarAMM

My favorite restaurants are Sci-Fi diner, Pizzerizzo’s, and Woody’s Lunchbox. The third option doesn’t have that much seating available, so I would suggest eating at an off-time for a meal. Pizzerizzo is a nice place to sit and cool off in the hot Florida weather (plus their pizza is the best I’ve had so far in any Disney park!). The Sci-Fi Drive-in is a good burger place, actually. Their onion rings are delicious, plus (if you’re into flavored Cokes) they have the options for additional flavors in soft drinks (cherry, vanilla, and chocolate, i think).

Granted, I haven’t eaten at very many restaurants in DHS (table service, that is).

Weather_Lady

Sci-Fi was fun for us as a one-and-done, just to see the theming inside. (Granted, they literally changed the entire menu two days after we went -- it was a couple of months ago in May 2018 -- so my views on the food are no longer relevant.)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Ok to be honest I have not even step foot in DHS the past few trips....like over 5 years. So maybe next trip I am curious to see the changes in progress....and revisit. Last visit we could not wait to leave for lack of food choices and took boat to Epcot. Curious to what others find good to eat at park for lunch or dinner? Thanks would like to spend a whole day there but 1/2 day has usually been our thing.:angelic:

Sadly...food is not being upgraded at mgm...it’s gonna be the same with a lot more people in a couple years.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Sadly...food is not being upgraded at mgm...it’s gonna be the same with a lot more people in a couple years.
Well hoping some good Star Wars restaurants are in the mix....they are going to need more grub options at that point I feel. I have never been to Brown Derby, maybe it's about time. Nice theming is a good thing. Thinking of heading to the Hoop de doo Revue in the evening as I still can't see spending whole day there.....thanks for all the suggestions, I can see where Woody's might be busy, the sandwiches look decent! SirWalter what do you like at the Brown Derby? :happy: Now that I think on it, likely been 8 years since I went there....:angelic:

Tom P.

I'm just curious -- and I mean this as a question, not an attack -- why you insist on referring to the park as "MGM" now ten years after the name change. I mean, we're getting to the point where there will be lots of people who don't even know what that name refers to.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm just curious -- and I mean this as a question, not an attack -- why you insist on referring to the park as "MGM" now ten years after the name change. I mean, we're getting to the point where there will be lots of people who don't even know what that name refers to.

Serveral reasons:

1. Old habits
2. The floating/rumor of the “new name”...there have been constant rumors/scuttlebutt about another change since day 1
3. I don’t like “rebranding”...to me, that is a waste of effort when the full effort should be how to transition the parks for more people considering iger has blown the lead in comfort/capacity/quality given to him when he arrived.

Epcot center - Epcot - Epcot center
The Disney mgm studios - Disney’s Hollywood studios - ????

...just seems petty/useless to me. I get the licensing thing with “mgm”...but what we call it doesn’t matter. New names mean nothing to me.

Last edited:

slappy magoo

I agree...

The outside bar is a good option also...there’s nothing on the menu you really need that you can’t get there
I think the reasons I don't consider the outside bar is a: I'm not much of a drinker (even though you don't have to imbibe to be at the outside bar, I just don't think about it for that reason); b: we have kids (even though I don't think you have to be of imbibe-able age to dine in the outside bar area, again, just doesn't go on my radar); and c: we usually go in August where's a hundred and eleventy-seventyteen degrees in the shade.

Plus the recreation of the original BD inside is kind of neat. But if you're about the food and the heat index the day you're there isn't "Satan's naughty bits" then yes, the outside area is a nice option too.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think the reasons I don't consider the outside bar is a: I'm not much of a drinker (even though you don't have to imbibe to be at the outside bar, I just don't think about it for that reason); b: we have kids (even though I don't think you have to be of imbibe-able age to dine in the outside bar area, again, just doesn't go on my radar); and c: we usually go in August where's a hundred and eleventy-seventyteen degrees in the shade.

Plus the recreation of the original BD inside is kind of neat. But if you're about the food and the heat index the day you're there isn't "Satan's naughty bits" then yes, the outside area is a nice option too.

Been there with and without kids...

The temp is always the problem. I don’t usually go in August...but...ugh...will be there this year.

Hcalvert

In June, I ate at Sci-Fi Diner for lunch. Like you, I rather hop over to Epcot to eat dinner as there are so many other choices.

I have ate at 50s Prime Time, but find the food too heavy for the Florida heat. I hear horror stories about Hollywood & Vine, so I have never ate there. Also, I have a Brown Derby within 10 miles of where I live, so nothing really unique there. I hear that Mama Melrose's is okay and part of the Fantasmic Dinner Package, but I rather go to Tutto Italia at Epcot for Italian.

As for counter-service meals, I usually leave HS before lunch to eat somewhere else. Although, I did have the Mediterranean Salad with Chicken at ABC Commissary a few years ago and it wasn't bad. I see that they added more things to their menu like ribs and fish, but I have no idea if they are good or not.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This is a sad park for food.... I guess the Brown Derby but it's pretty hit or miss... Nothing special

Really, 3 of the four are lacking...though dak has at least recently trended back upward.

Mk food is terrible...to be honest...with few exceptions. Mgm used to be better, but the dining plan degrading of quality has really showed its warts there

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom