DHS to CBS Skyliner Down on Saturday 10/8/22

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
My attempt to use it at 3 PM coming from Pop led to a wild goose chase to get to DHS.*

And leaving DHS, it was still not working at 9 PM. May not be working on Sunday, 10/9.

*When entering the Pop station, the CM asked the family in front of me where they were going, which I though odd. I didn't hear their response, but context leads me to believe they said "EPCOT" and the CM waved them on. The CM must've thought I was with them because he didn't ask me where I was going.

So, when I got to CB Station, I saw that the DHS line was not running. There was a standee which had a down arrow next to "DHS", which I presumed, correctly, meant to go down the ramp to a bus. Tho, I feel sorry for newbies who would be so confused by such a direction.

The CMs told me to go down the ramp to catch the bus. So, I went down the ramp to catch the bus.

But, there were no signs at the end of the ramp saying which way to go. There was a nearby bus stand, but that was for the internal bus at Caribbean. Some CMs passed by and I asked them, and they didn't know anything but suggested I ask the next bus driver that comes by.

After 10 minutes at the bus stand, I aborted. I had a MMRR Lightning Lane I had to get to. So, back up the ramp and took the Skyliner to EPCOT. Getting off there, I had exactly 30 minutes to catch the LL (including the 5 minute grace period). So, I fast-walked it to DHS. (Walking is always faster than boat, and in fact, not one boat outpaced me on my power walk.)

Made the walk in 20 minutes and caught my LL.

But the lack of direction from the CMs was inexcusable.

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
All Cast Members who work around the Skyliner station at CBR (or any station for that matter) SHOULD be fully equipped to give guests CORRECT information on alternate transport when a line is down. :mad:

What you didn’t know @MisterPenguin, because no one informed you, is that the bus station adjacent to the Skyliner station is not just an internal CBR stop, but also is used for buses to/from Epcot and DHS when the Skyliner is temporarily down.

castlecake2.0

My attempt to use it at 3 PM coming from Pop led to a wild goose chase to get to DHS.*

And leaving DHS, it was still not working at 9 PM. May not be working on Sunday, 10/9.

*When entering the Pop station, the CM asked the family in front of me where they were going, which I though odd. I didn't hear their response, but context leads me to believe they said "EPCOT" and the CM waved them on. The CM must've thought I was with them because he didn't ask me where I was going.

So, when I got to CB Station, I saw that the DHS line was not running. There was a standee which had a down arrow next to "DHS", which I presumed, correctly, meant to go down the ramp to a bus. Tho, I feel sorry for newbies who would be so confused by such a direction.

The CMs told me to go down the ramp to catch the bus. So, I went down the ramp to catch the bus.

But, there were no signs at the end of the ramp saying which way to go. There was a nearby but stand, but that was for the internal bus at Caribbean. Some CMs passed by and I asked them, and they didn't know anything but suggested I ask the next bus driver that comes by.

After 10 minutes at the bus stand, I aborted. I had a MMRR Lightning Lane I had to get to. So, back up the ramp and took the Skyliner to EPCOT. Getting off there, I had exactly 30 minutes to catch the LL (including the 5 minute grace period). So, I fast-walked it to DHS. (Walking is always faster than boat, and in fact, not one boat outpaced me on my power walk.)

Pleas please please go to GR and tell them about this. Anytime the Skyliner goes down it’s chaos and no one knows what’s going on, there’s no signage anywhere, no cast members anywhere. I complained about this too. I get it, every transit system in the world experiences down times, but to just send guests off without proper signage or direction always feels like a big “screw you, you’re not our problem anymore”.

JoeCamel

But, there were no signs at the end of the ramp saying which way to go. There was a nearby but stand, but that was for the internal bus at Caribbean. Some CMs passed by and I asked them, and they didn't know anything but suggested I ask the next bus driver that comes by.

Why didn't you swim?

brettf22

Premium Member
Yes, in my experience, Skyliner is an excellent transportation system … except when it’s not. I’ve had several mid-day park hop plans similarly derailed by Disney’s handling of Skyliner closures due to storms. The apparent ineffectiveness of downtime contingency planning by Disney is surprising. Although I guess it is hard to plan for those super rare incidents like mid day storm in Florida./s

gerarar

Premium Member
That's so weird. Back in December 2019, the CBR to DHS line was down for us around 7pm. They had CMs and makeshift signage pointing to go to the adjacent bus station next to the CBR hub. We waited about 10 mins when 3 buses arrived all going to DHS. We were coming from Epcot, so the line must've just went down if there was no communication back at the Epcot IG station yet.

At the time I thought the response was fine since they had to get buses off their routes or somewhere and prioritize then to the down'd Skyliner line. Guess things must've changed since then.

Also pretty sure the CMs at MMRR will allow you in if you were late and explained what happened. I was like 30 mins late for my LL to also MMRR, coming from AK because of traffic and the line for the bus at 2pm park hop time was long.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
Also pretty sure the CMs at MMRR will allow you in if you were late and explained what happened. I was like 30 mins late for my LL to also MMRR, coming from AK because of traffic and the line for the bus at 2pm park hop time was long.
Yeah, I was definitely going to ask for some 'magic' if I couldn't get in.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
Pleas please please go to GR and tell them about this. Anytime the Skyliner goes down it’s chaos and no one knows what’s going on, there’s no signage anywhere, no cast members anywhere. I complained about this too. I get it, every transit system in the world experiences down times, but to just send guests off without proper signage or direction always feels like a big “screw you, you’re not our problem anymore”.
Yeah, last December I was at EPCOT and there was a downpour and they closed the Skyliner.

No notification push or signage anywhere in EPCOT to let us know until we got to the IG station. Then we were told to go to Yacht and Beach for a bus, or out to the main entrance. I went to the main entrance and there was a *huge* line and not enough buses.

So, I jumped on the DHS bus. Once at DHS, the bus to Pop was an easy walk-on.

valenrandy

This has happened to us on several occasions when leaving Epcot towards IG to get on Skyliner. We would arrive and it would be closed.
We were tired as we just made the trek from Future World and did not see any signage or anything. We let GR know about it. I'm no IT expert but if there was a way to somehow communicate it over MDE app or as signs where all those blue umbrella folks are stationed at (Guest Experience) that could help.

Chip Chipperson

This has happened to us on several occasions when leaving Epcot towards IG to get on Skyliner. We would arrive and it would be closed.
We were tired as we just made the trek from Future World and did not see any signage or anything. We let GR know about it. I'm no IT expert but if there was a way to somehow communicate it over MDE app or as signs where all those blue umbrella folks are stationed at (Guest Experience) that could help.

Agreed. During a recent stay at Pop, it rained pretty hard one afternoon while we were in our room. We had a LL for Rise and were trying to figure out if we should risk the walk to the Skyliner only to find out it was down or just walk to our car and upgrade our free parking to Preferred for a shorter walk in the rain. The app had no information about the Skyliner, so I had to walk along our building's corridor until I could see the Skyliner cars moving. At least I could do that without walking in the rain. A guest at Epcot has to make a choice as to which end of the park they're going to use, with extra walking if the Skyliner is down no matter if they choose to head over to the Epcot resorts to catch a bus/cab//rideshare/Minnie Van or turn around and head to the front to catch a bus. The app can tell you what time the next bus will arrive at your resort so it should also be able to tell you if the Skyliner is operational. It's a simple "Yes" or "No" and can save guests some needless extra walking in bad weather.

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Premium Member
I can’t reveal my sources but I was able to obtain video of this incident:

E14CD136-BD68-418B-A240-67E378C0B7C3.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom