DHS Soundstage 1 Renovation - Toy Storia Mania expansion

roj2323

During the Marathon on Sunday, the course took runners along the former tram tour route through the costuming tunnel. Most of the windows were blacked out, but the (former?) scenic shop was open and had a few lights on. As best I could tell, it appeared to be full of new TSMM vehicles, covered in tarps/sheets until they're ready for use on the new ride system

There appeared to be 4-5 rows, each with 3-4 pairs of vehicles. These photos aren't the best, since I was using a sweat-soaked camera and didn't have much time to stop, but the shape of the vehicles under the covers appeared to match the shapes of the existing TSMM vehicles.
View attachment 126258

View attachment 126257
great catch!

msteel

WOW. I thought that I was the only person in the universe who feels this way:)
The physical sets are nice in Buzz, but in TSMM I can tell where I am aiming, and I can tell that pulling the trigger is doing something, and I can also tell if I hit anything. Maybe next time I ride Buzz I'll just pretend that it is a non-interactive dark ride and be less frustrated.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
The physical sets are nice in Buzz, but in TSMM I can tell where I am aiming, and I can tell that pulling the trigger is doing something, and I can also tell if I hit anything. Maybe next time I ride Buzz I'll just pretend that it is a non-interactive dark ride and be less frustrated.

Agreed, from a "dark ride" perspective, I like Buzz better, but from an "interactive ride", I like Toy Story better. Other interactive dark rides will at least have a light that changes or something to act as confirmation that you hit the target. It frustrates me that that isn't the case with Buzz. An attraction along the lines of Buzz but with interactive screens built in (which kind of seems like how it will be at Shanghai) would seem like a nice mash-up...

ToTBellHop

Agreed, from a "dark ride" perspective, I like Buzz better, but from an "interactive ride", I like Toy Story better. Other interactive dark rides will at least have a light that changes or something to act as confirmation that you hit the target. It frustrates me that that isn't the case with Buzz. An attraction along the lines of Buzz but with interactive screens built in (which kind of seems like how it will be at Shanghai) would seem like a nice mash-up...
It's a pity they haven't found the time over the last 11 years to add the targets that DO light up from Buzz over at Disneyland (and the guns with much greater flexibility). The ride at WDW needs a full remodel complete with new ride vehicles.

Bacon

Expansion of Pixar Place, Cars...lots of stuff.

My issue with the "third track" idea is that it would not take up all of Stage 1, and would require routing that track way out of the way. Impractical, to say the least...
Cars Might not be out of the picture but it might not happen and pixar place wont be expanded it will most likely just blend in with Toy Story Land kinda reminds me of something there doing heres disney hollywood studios expansion plan probably
iu-4.jpeg

No Name

I like TSMM better all the way. Except I'm pretty good at Buzz. Once I got all the way to 999,999 halfway through the ride with no idea how, I must've been hitting something right or the gun/car was broken. But I've gotten 999,999 a couple other times so I like to think it's skill. There are some random things you can shoot for points, like that red light in the dark park, and those robot monster guys on the wall of the tunnel. The big point values don't always have Zs on them.

Anyway I like TSMM for all the other reasons mentioned. And no, I do not think of it as Wii game on wheels. I think of it as one of my top 5 favorite rides, not kidding at all.

I don't really like how the ride in Shanghai sounds like a mix of Buzz and TSMM. Hard to explain why, but I'd just rather it be one or the other, or based on another character like Zurg. Oh well, I'm sure the ride will be popular and enjoyable however they make it.

Last edited:

bhg469

MIB is still better than both of them however. Queue to gift shop, it's a complete experience

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom