DHS Soundstage 1 Renovation - Toy Storia Mania expansion

doctornick

It will completely take out jack Sparrow and almost all of One Mans Dream. Mermaid (the building at least) is safe. The land will begin roughly where the entrance to OMD is now.

OK, I'm intrigued. If Little Mermaid's building would be spared -- which is something I was hoping would be the case -- do you have any idea what the longer term plans for it are? Same show? New show? Personally, I kind of hope they convert it to a simple dark ride, which could be conceivable if they are redoing the area anyway.

Also, do you have an idea what the building is behind the "hotel" facade? M&G?

*Q*

OK, I'm intrigued. If Little Mermaid's building would be spared -- which is something I was hoping would be the case -- do you have any idea what the longer term plans for it are? Same show? New show? Personally, I kind of hope they convert it to a simple dark ride, which could be conceivable if they are redoing the area anyway.

Also, do you have an idea what the building is behind the "hotel" facade? M&G?

The last rumor I had heard a while back was that Muppet*Vision would get the axe for Star Wars, and then a new Muppet show would go into the Little Mermaid theater. But this was months ago and hardly anyone seems to be considering the possibility that Star Wars will be replacing the Muppets area and Streets of America anymore. All of the talk I see seems to assume that it will be replacing Echo Lake and Indiana Jones. So who knows now.

YodaMan

Yep and a Halloween overlay for the games hopefully the fact that shortly Hong Kong and Paris will soon be getting TSMM that they can afford to produce the overlays when costs are divided across 5 resorts.

I was always pretty sure that the overlays were already completed. Much like Star Tours and the unused locations, they have just been waiting for the right time to activate them (in this case, once the capacity is high enough to handle increased re-riders).

Next Big Thing

One question I have that hasn't been brought up much is will we see the return of Single Rider to TSMM when the entrances switches to TS Land and it now having an extra track? Single rider for this ride would be incredibly popular I would think, never understood why they got rid of it.

Goofyernmost

One question I have that hasn't been brought up much is will we see the return of Single Rider to TSMM when the entrances switches to TS Land and it now having an extra track? Single rider for this ride would be incredibly popular I would think, never understood why they got rid of it.
I thought it was because they needed to use the queue for Fastpass. If that is the case, it won't be here in the new one either.

RSoxNo1

I would think the "Buddy Pass" used at DCA for Monster's Inc would be a better option. It has a dedicated line for groups of 2.

ToTBellHop

I would think the "Buddy Pass" used at DCA for Monster's Inc would be a better option. It has a dedicated line for groups of 2.
I've heard part of the reason that SRLs are not very common at WDW (and less common than DL) is that people complain (really) about being seated with a stranger.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
if so the area you circled is likely Meet and Greet yes? i honestly thought entrance at top and exit where you have circled and the barn its own store.

Based on some discussion the other day there is reason to believe that what is circled is actually the current TSMM building even though it doesn't look like it.

roj2323

It looks like there is a backstage, or emergency exit hallway going from the unload to the back of the building. They might be able to re-configure that as the exit.

View attachment 107042

There is indeed a hallway that leads to the back of the building. If you look left as you pass the merge point you will see a door. Behind that is a long hallway that goes straight back. There's also a second point to the left side of Mr. potato head but that hall is a bit more complex even though it too leads to a rear exit.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Does this include the entrance/dismantling of One Man's Dream?
Because the entrance will be on the backside of the current building- does this mean we will have Toy Story land built by 10/1/2016? With the coaster finishing up in 2017 (like SDMT)?

I am assuming that TSMM will re-open with it's current entrance and eventually switch to the new entrance when TSL is complete.

Haymarket2008

Forgive me if this has already been addressed, but how could the installation of ONE Toy Story Midway Mania track take almost 2 years to complete? Everything has already been designed. And the ride is pretty bare in terms of any show scenes or detail. It relies almost entirely on screens.

Marlins1

Forgive me if this has already been addressed, but how could the installation of ONE Toy Story Midway Mania track take almost 2 years to complete? Everything has already been designed. And the ride is pretty bare in terms of any show scenes or detail. It relies almost entirely on screens.
I had the same question when they first announced this project. I have to think that 10/2016 at least includes the new entrance configuration from the current backstage area.

doctornick

My guess is this: they planned the development to take until late 2016 because they were planning to complete some version of "Toy Story Playland" at that time and wanted to open everything at once (since it would involve a new configuration for TSMM entrance/exits). Along the way, they decided to change or delay the plans for now called Toy Story Land with a larger/more complex ride in the Slinky Dog coaster which pushed back the opening of that land to 2017 or so -- but the TSMM addition was already budgeted and established to not be done until later in 2016 and now that timeline is "set".

Then again, I wouldn't be surprised to see the new TSMM track open by (say) spring break in 2016 to increase capacity in the park if lots of other things are closing.

RAXIP

OMD and Jack are not in SS1

Soundstage 1 - TSMM track 3
Soundstage 2 & 3 - Toy Story Mania
Soundstage 4 - Capt Jack & One Man's Dream
Soundstage 5 - Playhouse Disney Live
Is Soundstage 6 the Sci-Fi Dine-In?
Soundstage 7 & 8 - Great Movie Ride
Soundstage 15 - Rock N Roller Coaster, Starring Aerosmith

Soundstages 6,7,8 & 9 - Great Movie Ride
Soundstage 10 - Hyperion Theater
Soundstage 11 - ABC Sound Studio (Sounds Dangerous)
Soundstage 12 - Star Tours
Soundstage 13 - (I'm guessing there's no 13 because it's back luck)
Soundstage 14 - Sci-Fi Dine-In
Soundstage 16 - Voyage of the Little Mermaid

roj2323

They didn't start demo until last september (that's a year).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom