DHS Soundstage 1 Renovation - Toy Storia Mania expansion

Oriolesmagic

BOOOOOO DISNEY. Stop adding third tracks to existing rides... ADD RIDES SO TWO TRACKS CAN BE MORE THAN ENOUGH FOR GUESTS

Gimme cars land, mystic manor, Star Wars land, crush coaster, monsters inc door coaster, toy story play land .. NOT MORE OF THE SAME!!!

Rant over.

How many times has Disney recently added a third track to a ride? o_O

I think we all want to see new attractions but let's not let that cloud our judgement over the fact that this is a good idea that will help the park. They've already essentially confirmed that we'll be seeing a lot of new rides coming to DHS (Or whatever it is) in the future. This is ANOTHER good thing, not a replacement.

Tom

Beta Return
this just seems like a long time...shockingly I know

It's almost as long as the original attraction took to build.

I hope that "Late 2016" is merely an assumption, because that is absolutely absurd if true. The building is essentially ready to accept the third track. Steel walls and roof, and a concrete floor. The floor just needs the rails and electronics. Stand up the big boxes with projectors inside them. Build a load platform. Done.

If they started in October, "late 2016" makes it a 2 year project. No friggin way.

Is this why the Backlot Tour closed up?

No.

I don't think so, this expansion is being done in Soundstage 1 which was last used for the Frozen skating.

Right.

The TSMM timetable I heard is nothing close to that. He must mean for both in general.

I hope so.

prfctlyximprct

I think we all want to see new attractions but let's not let that cloud our judgement over the fact that this is a good idea that will help the park. They've already essentially confirmed that we'll be seeing a lot of new rides coming to DHS (Or whatever it is) in the future. This is ANOTHER good thing, not a replacement.

I disagree. I'm usually the one snorting the pixie dust but to me this seems like the lazy way out. Don't give em new attractions... Give em more of the same. It's lame. And nothing has been officially announced regarding new offerings at DHS. Until that happens.. I will be a disney princess turned disney villain.

stevehousse

I believe the reason behind the 3rd track for TSMM is because of how much DHS is going to change over the next several years. Shows gone, more attractions gone, etc. they need that extra track because it soon will be one of the only attractions left there beside tower of terror and star tours. I believe anything else in that park is fair game for removal or expansion or ride replacements.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster

This will be the third time recently that they have expanded the capacity of an existing ride, Dumbo, Soarin, and TSMM.

Oriolesmagic

This will be the third time recently that they have expanded the capacity of an existing ride, Dumbo, Soarin, and TSMM.

Well, not really Soarin' yet. So just Dumbo. Seeing as I have avoided that Circus land like the plague I haven't really seen how successful that has been.

Oriolesmagic

I believe the reason behind the 3rd track for TSMM is because of how much DHS is going to change over the next several years. Shows gone, more attractions gone, etc. they need that extra track because it soon will be one of the only attractions left there beside tower of terror and star tours. I believe anything else in that park is fair game for removal or expansion or ride replacements.

I agree with you, but to play devil's advocate... With less attractions, wouldn't they want people to be in that line for a longer period of time? Longer waits = less time to realize there's not a whole lot in that park to do.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Well, not really Soarin' yet. So just Dumbo. Seeing as I have avoided that Circus land like the plague I haven't really seen how successful that has been.

Dumbo is still the same (un-special) ride experience. But the doubling of capacity and the indoor circus themed play area are great. If you gotta ride Dumbo, better to have a shorter wait (either through FP or short standby line) in relative comfort than a longer one in boredom.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom