DHS Soundstage 1 Renovation - Toy Storia Mania expansion

Cesar R M

Star Tours at DLR is fixed at four bays. It would very difficult ( if not impossible), to add bays. This attraction and queue was built inside the original footprint of an omni mover attraction called Adventure Thru InnerSpace.The inner space.attraction was fun when I was young, but I prefer it's replacement.

*1023*
unless they stack these like pancakes? (aka adding another floor?) lol

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
unless they stack these like pancakes? (aka adding another floor?) lol
The full height of the existing building is fully utilized for tbe attraction. To add to the existing height would be a quagmire of red tape (read: code compliance). The preparations for the big anniversary are where the money at DLR is going for awhile.

*1023*

Tom

Beta Return
Revised permit for this project was filed today. Only difference from the original is that it lists the individual contractors which includes an architect, structural design, electrical, steel, mechanical and drywall/framing.

545 Stage Lane - Project 3 - Soundstage 1 Renovation

I don't know if "Permit Threads" were a thing when TSMM was built, but knowing how much cataloging you've done, have you been able to cross-reference any of the firms with the original project?

I see Coastal Steel on there. They have a huge focus on ride systems, and apparently have a branch office on property (Dopey Dr). However, TSMM isn't listed in their project portfolio on their website, while MANY other Disney attractions are (including the BAH).

YodaMan

I don't know if "Permit Threads" were a thing when TSMM was built, but knowing how much cataloging you've done, have you been able to cross-reference any of the firms with the original project?

I see Coastal Steel on there. They have a huge focus on ride systems, and apparently have a branch office on property (Dopey Dr). However, TSMM isn't listed in their project portfolio on their website, while MANY other Disney attractions are (including the BAH).

Calling it now: BAH is totally being relocated to Pixar Place.

TeriofTerror

So if the rumored budget is MORE than DCA, why do I feel like the insiders are already lamenting the makeover and aren't thrilled over it. May I ask why? If an announcement is pending in a few months (as others have stated), why can't we at least get SOME details? I understand not wanting to tick off a source, or get in trouble for revealing too much, but let's have some substance to discuss. Only TDO could get more money than DCA and blow it. But I'm not ready to say that just yet. I'm happy if we get a Pixar expansion (Monsters or Incredibles are fine by me), a mini-Cars Land (I agree it should be exclusive to DCA, imo, but I won't object if we get a version of it), Star Wars, and the Hat removed along with some general plussing.
Inflation?
But seriously, my perception of WDW management is that they have a habit of coming up with fantastic ideas/plans, but the money seems to evaporate during construction and things get cut. Infrastructure costs get under-budgeted, so by the time those are in place, there's not as much money left for actual attractions as was originally planned. But again, this is just my personal perception, so take it with a grain of salt. :)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster

I haven't cataloged the permits for that time period yet, but I'll do some digging to see what I can find.

Mike S

*sigh*
image.jpg

Thanks for the pic @marni1971

PhilharMagician

It is a ridiculously long time for a ride expansion. This has a 2 year build time to add one track? :banghead: I hope there is a reason to drag this sooo long, like tying to a movie release or having to fit around other projects. If not, then I have one word "Pathetic"

To revert from my frustration and negativity, I think it is great that the expansions are being done to 2 of the most popular rides in WDW. Just come on and get them done!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom