DHS Soundstage 1 Renovation - Toy Storia Mania expansion

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
did someone tip you that the execs were onsite?

Was it an intentional leak maybe? Create some positive stir???
Nah. I was actually halfway through covering the backlot tour.

I wouldn't call me having an iPhone at the right time a leak. But if the budget is what I'm told and stays like that (looking positive) then I'd imagine all the big wigs would have to participate. DHS needs it. But funnily, from this trip, Epcot needs it more IMHO.

flyerjab

100% confirmed.

DHS - if plans pan out, and they are at a very late stage right now - could be getting an overhaul bigger than DCA got. I won't go further for now, suffice to say the plans are huge. Yes, they involve another name change, and yes they involve the hat too.

OORAH!!!

doctornick

100% confirmed.

DHS - if plans pan out, and they are at a very late stage right now - could be getting an overhaul bigger than DCA got. I won't go further for now, suffice to say the plans are huge. Yes, they involve another name change, and yes they involve the hat too.

I understand if you can't comment more, but (if you can say) do you have any sense for a timeframe?

schuelma

100% confirmed.

Wow. Let's hope the plans do not go through the ringer and end up a shell of what they are.

Cautiously optimistic.

The Duck

100% confirmed.

donald_mickey_friends_shirt-d235465199486924983t5z1_325.jpg

Next Big Thing

100% confirmed.

Very encouraging... the park needs it (and glad to hear possibly bigger than DCA as it needs a bigger one than DCA).

I don't want to prod too much since you said you won't go further, but can you share anything on when we may expect an announcement of this project?

flynnibus

Premium Member
Nah. I was actually halfway through covering the backlot tour.

I wouldn't call me having an iPhone at the right time a leak. But if the budget is what I'm told and stays like that (looking positive) then I'd imagine all the big wigs would have to participate. DHS needs it. But funnily, from this trip, Epcot needs it more IMHO.

should have bought a lottery ticket that day then I guess :)

twebber55

i wonder if this DHS make over is Pixar and star wars or something else that we don't know about yet?
I wonder if LMA is closing after Christmas? lots of questions

SirLink

100% confirmed.

You had my attention but now you have my curiosity ...

Tom

Beta Return
Could this be where the fireworks are launched? (In red)

It is just north of the canyon

I believe so, yes.

100% confirmed.

DCA essentially became a completely new park when they gave it the major overhaul. It went from a true half-day amusement park to a full day Disney theme park. The end result is fantastic, and if they put even half the effort and money into DHS as they did out there, I welcome the change.

I can't see them dumping a huge amount of money into DHS and it not having a Star Wars element.

I bet it's still a phased thing, with SW being Phase 2.

cjk0318

I believe so, yes.

DCA essentially became a completely new park when they gave it the major overhaul. It went from a true half-day amusement park to a full day Disney theme park. The end result is fantastic, and if they put even half the effort and money into DHS as they did out there, I welcome the change.

I bet it's still a phased thing, with SW being Phase 2.
Lots of phases.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom