DHS Soundstage 1 Renovation - Toy Storia Mania expansion

GoofGoof

Premium Member
It's not like there's much to it either. Maybe the track gets build quick and the permit lasts for 2 years because of what they will do with the leftover space in SS1? Remember, Monsters coasters was rumored to be built behind SS1 with the soundstage used just for queue. Not saying it is happening by any stretch, but that is definitely something that would take longer.
The 2 year thing is probably just in case. We all know Disney projects get delayed. So do the guys filling out the paperwork for the permit. If it takes 18 months or even 2 years to build it's really no skin off my back anyway. I'm just anxious to see some work starting on the larger project. Sounds like from Lee's and Dave's posts that we will see a larger construction site some time relatively soon:).

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
The 2 year thing is probably just in case. We all know Disney projects get delayed. So do the guys filling out the paperwork for the permit. If it takes 18 months or even 2 years to build it's really no skin off my back anyway. I'm just anxious to see some work starting on the larger project. Sounds like from Lee's and Dave's posts that we will see a larger construction site some time relatively soon:).

From what I have seen when a date is put on a permit it's generally pretty accurate.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
most of the DAk stuff is for OCt 2016

Dak and Disney Springs are the exception, they are using one blanket completion date for all the permits filled by the contractor even though the work in the individual permits might not take that long. I guess there is a slight chance that this is the case with the DHS permit also, but 2 years seems to short a time for a major update.

Crazydisneyfanluke

Did the fireworks launch from the roof of SS1? I thought I remember someone saying they were launched from a rooftop.
No. Ground-based actually.

I believe it was part of the studio tram lane.

There are some rooftop launch pointss but I'm referring to the main launch point which was somewhere back there. All I know is that I was told it was going to be in the middle of the construction zone.

Could this be where the fireworks are launched? (In red)

It is just north of the canyon

Attachments

• DHS fireworks launch.jpg
    DHS fireworks launch.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 277

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
TSMM expansion has been pretty much confirmed. We're more interested in any other news on the rest of DHS. Anything you can share?
100% confirmed.

DHS - if plans pan out, and they are at a very late stage right now - could be getting an overhaul bigger than DCA got. I won't go further for now, suffice to say the plans are huge. Yes, they involve another name change, and yes they involve the hat too.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
100% confirmed.

DHS - if plans pan out, and they are at a very late stage right now - could be getting an overhaul bigger than DCA got. I won't go further for now, suffice to say the plans are huge. Yes, they involve another name change, and yes they involve the hat too.
Wow!!! Nice. First Lee said they were in the mood to spend and now this. Sounds really promising. Here's to hoping they don't cut the budgets:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom