DHS Soundstage 1 Renovation - Toy Storia Mania expansion

PhotoDave219

Did the fireworks launch from the roof of SS1? I thought I remember someone saying they were launched from a rooftop.

No. Ground-based actually.

I believe it was part of the studio tram lane.

There are some rooftop launch pointss but I'm referring to the main launch point which was somewhere back there. All I know is that I was told it was going to be in the middle of the construction zone.

Next Big Thing

NFC technology is hardly an apple exclusive.

Goggle wallet and android phones (specially Samsung) ones has had the functionality for years.
And lots of Android fanboys complained that they were copying Android. However, that wasn't my point, but if we're stating the obvious, than you're right.

It does bring credence to the point that if someone were to do a MM+ system better, it wouldn't matter that Disney did it first though.

Next Big Thing

Magic Kingdom is the most protected park of all the 4.
AK and DHS for example, had a lot removed before they started to add the minimum. Now seems EPCOT is suffering the same.
Aside from the day parade, which is one attraction, what has been removed from DAK? Just curious since you said "a lot".

Cesar R M

Aside from the day parade, which is one attraction, what has been removed from DAK? Just curious since you said "a lot".
the whole camp mickey area, the festival also was gone for.. 6 months?
they are also removing areas in the train to Rafiki's if I remember correctly.

and I said "a lot" in general, not just explicitly to a single park.

And lots of Android fanboys complained that they were copying Android. However, that wasn't my point, but if we're stating the obvious, than you're right.

It does bring credence to the point that if someone were to do a MM+ system better, it wouldn't matter that Disney did it first though.

Thats just actually the point. Apple pretty much copies, improves then claims they invented it with their amazing PR system.

Reminds me of the fingerprint reader too...

Next Big Thing

Camp-Minnie Mickey was never meant to be permanent, so it's replacement should not be considered a bad thing. It being a part of the park was much more embarrassing.

And yes, the fact that they moved FOTLK to a place it fits in much better thematically and didn't axe the show altogether is absolutely terrible. :rolleyes:

And wrong on Rafiki's. They actually just added a SECOND show back there. The only thing i've heard is there will be a refurb of one of the areas.

asianway

Thats just actually the point. Apple pretty much copies, improves then claims they invented it with their amazing PR system.

Pocahontas show, Discovery River Boats

Cesar R M

Camp-Minnie Mickey was never meant to be permanent, so it's replacement should not be considered a bad thing. It being a part of the park was much more embarrassing.

And yes, the fact that they moved FOTLK to a place it fits in much better thematically and didn't axe the show altogether is absolutely terrible. :rolleyes:

And wrong on Rafiki's. They actually just added a SECOND show back there. The only thing i've heard is there will be a refurb of one of the areas.
yeah, I remember that "temporal" ended being.. what? almost 10 years?

as for Rafiki, I never said rafiki itself, but the train.

Next Big Thing

yeah, I remember that "temporal" ended being.. what? almost 10 years?

as for Rafiki, I never said rafiki itself, but the train.
Does it really matter? CMM was the land with least to do in all of DAK, it served no great purpose in the long run. It's loss is for the better and that's really all that matters.

Oh, and let's not forget DAK is getting a nighttime show too.

Next Big Thing

But the thing is Apple does truly improve greatly most of the time on a lot of the features.

I know NFC was out there for phones before, but it was literally useless until Apple went and got it supported at retail locations.

Also, it will be VERY hard for someone to do a system on the same levle or scale of MM+. It's almost impossible. It would be like going into Manhattan and installing this type of technology throughout the city. It's an impressively large scale project. MM+ may have it's kinks still, but I do enjoy it many of it's features.

jt04

We have rides they don't?!?!?!?!?! That's an absolutely shocking revelation that I had no idea about!!!!!! Thank you for your great wisdom. Truly, thank you.

Your welcome. Forgot to add, themed resorts, recreation and golf too. Your welcome again.

Next Big Thing

Not bad. We're 5 days into the fiscal year and they already have the building completely empty. Maybe they really are planning to move fast on this. Since they have built this ride multiple times now it should be easy and quick to do.
It's not like there's much to it either. Maybe the track gets build quick and the permit lasts for 2 years because of what they will do with the leftover space in SS1? Remember, Monsters coasters was rumored to be built behind SS1 with the soundstage used just for queue. Not saying it is happening by any stretch, but that is definitely something that would take longer.

doctornick

It's not like there's much to it either. Maybe the track gets build quick and the permit lasts for 2 years because of what they will do with the leftover space in SS1? Remember, Monsters coasters was rumored to be built behind SS1 with the soundstage used just for queue. Not saying it is happening by any stretch, but that is definitely something that would take longer.

Yes, I still think that the track (assuming only one) should not take up all the space of SS1. It could fill the northern 2/3 of the building and still leave room for a queue (for a ride behind SS1) or at least a M&G.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom