DHS parking lot tram pickup/dropoff now very far away from park entrance

Radeksgrl

Original Poster
Visited DHS yesterday and the parking lot tram no longer drops off/picks up at the park entrance. Now the closest the tram takes you is to the front most area of the parking lot, which is still pretty far from the park entrance. They have put up construction walls that weave a long path to the park entrance. And of course this long walk is even worse when you are leaving at the end of the day, when you are tired with sore feet and cranky kids. CMs said this change was just made yesterday, but of course none of them could tell me when the trams were going to resume pickup/dropoff at the park entrance. It seems almost pointless to be running the trams with this new layout, they drive such a short distance it's laughable. My family actually did laugh, at first we thought is was a joke when they asked us to get off the tram after such a short drive. But it's no joke, so be prepared for a long walk to the park entrance, even if you do use the tram.

Last edited:

Movielover

Visited DHS yesterday and the parking lot tram no longer drops off/picks up at the park entrance. Now the closest the tram takes you is to the front most area of the parking lot, which is still pretty far from the park entrance. They have put up construction walls that weave a long path to the park entrance. And of course this long walk is even worse when you are leaving at the end of the day, when you are tired with sore feet and cranky kids. CMs said this change was just made yesterday, but of course none of them could tell me when the trams were going to resume pickup/dropoff at the park entrance. It seems almost pointless to be running the trams with this new layout, they drive such a short distance it's laughable. My family actually did laugh, at first we thought is was a joke when they asked us to get off the tram after such a short drive. But it's no joke, so be prepared for a long walk to the park entrance, even if you do use the tram.

"Construction construction construction, change change change!"

whambulance.jpg

;)

peter11435

We always walk instead of using the trams anyway, as it's usually faster. But it does seem a little strange to have the trams drop guests customers off so far away from the entrance, even with the on-going construction.
There’s really no other option since the existing tram drop off and load needs to be moved and the new location is partially overlapping the old location.

38053WDW

"Construction construction construction, change change change!"

whambulance.jpg

;)

yep - I'm thinking the entrance will be changed bigly and moved way on out. If you look at overhead shots this gives them a lot of space to redesign and also the skyliner can be "in the park" since bags will be checked at each location b4 boarding. Image borrowed from @bioreconstruct <<Great site
hhsbio.JPG

World_Showcase_Lover007

People on here can make fun all they want but the OP has a valid point. You tend to walk quite a lot in the parks, hotels, etc., so me and my first world self doesn’t really want to walk an extra few hundred yards if I don’t have to. There is a way to solve everything but Disney isn’t making extra bucks off this so they don’t care and take the easy way out by just extending the path and increasing the walk. But go ahead, troll it up...

peter11435

People on here can make fun all they want but the OP has a valid point. You tend to walk quite a lot in the parks, hotels, etc., so me and my first world self doesn’t really want to walk an extra few hundred yards if I don’t have to. There is a way to solve everything but Disney isn’t making extra bucks off this so they don’t care and take the easy way out by just extending the path and increasing the walk. But go ahead, troll it up...
Its temporary.

RonAnnArbor

I agree this is a huge problem right now and it’s not just whining. The walk is so long that anyone with mobility issues just can’t do it. Some folks might suck up that longer walk, but your grandparents will not. Even disability parking is currently pushed too far away. In the morning they don’t run the trams at all even for partial assistance. It’s very poorly planned out. Even when rebuilding roads one lane is normally left open then traffic is later rerouted. I saw one elderly couple get back into their car and go home when they saw the tram wasn’t running to the entrance. I also heard a LOT of grumbling yesterday from visitors of all ages.

Lensman

Maybe this could be the complaint thread to isolate the complaints here rather than monitor the progress, much like @FlamingMonkey's I Don't Thing I'm Riding Those Gondolas thread?

OTOH, the parking lot remodel thread doesn't get as much action as the gondola thread so maybe joining them would be fine.

Or @roj2323 could link to this thread in his original post as part of the index of important topics.

Based on the following bioreconstruct aerial photo, it looks like the temporary parking tram dropoff is about the same distance from the park entrance as the new resort bus stops will be, and actually closer than some of the temporary resort bus stops and the charter bus stops. It's also about the same distance as the temporary medical parking. So at least temporarily, everyone going to the park has equal reason to complain about the arduousness of their trek to the park entrance.

Also, I used @MisterPenguin's Google Earth technique and measured the distance from the temporary parking tram drop-off to the park entrance and it's about a quarter mile, approximately the same as the distance from the park entrance to the ToT.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom