DHS Parking lot remodel and expansion

ToTBellHop

Only if certain executives are forced to sit on it.

Or wear it...

DisneyCane

I was thinking that if you were staying at a hotel and were paying for parking there, you'd just have your car drop you off and head back to the hotel parking that you've already paid for. Either that or some entrepreneur would create cheaper offsite parking, undercutting Disney's parking fee. You could also program your car to look for free street parking. Crazily and fraudulently, you could also have your car park at the Disney Springs lot.

I live in a town where you either spend $100-$300 a month for a parking space or spend an hour looking for street parking. I'm expecting self-driving cars to bring changes - both in ride-sharing and the parking situation.
Remotely affordable truly self driving cars with the capabilities that you are talking about are at least 15 years away. Certainly the majority of people will not own one anytime soon.

kevlightyear

Where does one find such updated maps?
:cool: They upload the next version ahead of when they actually go live on the website or app. I had to do some hacking/programming to get to them.

EDIT: To clarify, nothing nefarious going on here. No password stealing, no social engineering, no getting past any level of security. Everything is available to the public. It's simply knowing where to look and having the programming skills to piece it all together.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
:cool: They upload the next version ahead of when they actually go live on the website or app. I had to do some hacking/programming to get to them.

EDIT: To clarify, nothing nefarious going on here. No password stealing, no social engineering, no getting past any level of security. Everything is available to the public. It's simply knowing where to look and having the programming skills to piece it all together.

I've trolled the site's media server looking for things they didn't digitally lock down before. ;)

Lensman

Remotely affordable truly self driving cars with the capabilities that you are talking about are at least 15 years away. Certainly the majority of people will not own one anytime soon.
I wasn't saying anything about when self-driving cars will appear on the scene, I was just responding to the idea that when they do come, they wouldn't be able to change the parking situation at the parks. What do you think about how they'll change things when they do arrive on the scene?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Does the new map reveal what's being built in DHS where the SW speeder bike photo op was?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom