DHS Parking lot remodel and expansion

sndral

Photo update as of Saturday, March 16, 2019. New sign-posts have been installed around and within Hollywood Studios parking areas, in preparation for the parking areas being renamed. While the actual placards are not inserted yet, these new art-deco style signs include new posts at the ends of the parking rows, and signs attached to existing light poles scattered within the parking areas. (@flyerjab must have been following me today. We took some of the same photos.)

View attachment 357429

View attachment 357430

Most of the Disney resort destinations are now identified with their "Gates." In case you are wondering about resort hierarchy and Gate numbering, the Contemporary and Polynesian are at Gate 2, Pop Century is at Gate 35, and Art of Animation is at Gate 37.

View attachment 357431

View attachment 357432
I thought Poly usually shares w/ GF. Plus, if Poly & Contemp. are at gate 2 as you say, why do both your pix and bioreconstruct’s show AKL on the gate 2 sign?
And does the loop closer to the skyliner have the lower numbers while the loop closer to the parking lot have the higher numbers?
Makes sense to have Pop & AOA at the more distant numbers since 99% of those passengers will likely opt for the closer/faster gondolas unless they are down for lightening.

joelkfla

Makes sense to have Pop & AOA at the more distant numbers since 99% of those passengers will likely opt for the closer/faster gondolas unless they are down for lightening.
Pop & AoA are likely assigned there because they are the largest resorts, and those are double-sized load zones with double-sized queues and able to accept double-sized articulated buses.

Next Big Thing

I do think the buses still get the short-end of the stick here... I wish they could just kill the trams and replace them with designing a moving walkway that reliably worked outdoors. Probably a fantasy in FL weather... I just think the trams have been so nerf'd they aren't very time efficient.
Not really a fantasy as long as they added covers over them like UOR has.

ThatMouse

Do the taxis still go down the same pathway as people walking to their cars? I thought that was pretty dangerous especially seeing as most of them were younger Uber/Lyft drivers all looking at their phones.

mm121

Do the taxis still go down the same pathway as people walking to their cars? I thought that was pretty dangerous especially seeing as most of them were younger Uber/Lyft drivers all looking at their phones.
Taxis ubers are still where they were before.

Kinda surprised at the very least that they haven't yet created a special spot for the minnie Van's.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom