DHS Parking lot remodel and expansion

BrianLo

The one thing I generally find odd now is just the tram route in general. It doesn't serve vast sections of the parking lot correctly.

They almost need two tram routes with completely different alignments.

Also is all of the parking outside of the main two chunks CM? The new parking area is gigantic, I can't imagine CM's actually utilize that much?

BrianLo

1545116227449-2.png

I've highlighted in green sections that the tram is functionally useless. In red where the parking is generally extremely undesirable (you'd almost be better off if you could walk as the crow flies towards the entrance) and in pink where I'm not even really sure who that lot even is for.

It feels like the park was designed with the gondola in mind and not the parking tram... which is super odd considering the reverse should be true.

Of course the old tram drop off spot just seems odd too, I agree. Why bother? They should build a starbucks there, not being sarcastic.

Edit: Shanghai Disney's for reference.

eca86bd9ddb418c1c5ec46.jpg

Tinkrbell

View attachment 334958

I've highlighted in green sections that the tram is functionally useless. In red where the parking is generally extremely undesirable (you'd almost be better off if you could walk as the crow flies towards the entrance) and in pink where I'm not even really sure who that lot even is for.

It feels like the park was designed with the gondola in mind and not the parking tram... which is super odd considering the reverse should be true.

Of course the old tram drop off spot just seems odd too, I agree. Why bother? They should build a starbucks there, not being sarcastic.

Edit: Shanghai Disney's for reference.

eca86bd9ddb418c1c5ec46.jpg
The area circled in pink is part of the cast parking lot. It was the original new lot while the newest expansion to the cast lot was being completed. It’s still cast parking, even with the new section open.

BrianLo

The area circled in pink is part of the cast parking lot. It was the original new lot while the newest expansion to the cast lot was being completed. It’s still cast parking, even with the new section open.

The cast lot seems bigger than it needs to be. I wonder how much is being utilized. I guess functionally some of it will serve the new hotel.

TiggerDad

The cast lot seems bigger than it needs to be. I wonder how much is being utilized. I guess functionally some of it will serve the new hotel.
While it is bigger than it needs to be now, in another year, it will be too small. It will be interesting to see if they shift more of the lot to guests (or even all of it). But I am a little surprised that they didn't realign the tram route at the same time as the other parking changes.

spectromagic04

When I worked there in the summer there wasn’t enough cast parking. The cast parking lot was extremely small and took luck too find a spot.

jt04

I don't understand why they didn't join the rooves where the two bus terminals are adjacent leaving only a narrow space. That will always bug me.

ToTBellHop

I'm bugged by the third loop not having shelter at all.

Screw-you, third party busses!!
Isn’t that the case at all the parks? While they can’t provide fancy amenities like working WiFi or a free bottle of water like a Sheraton, your $887/night room at the Grand Floridian with a view of the left middle spire of Cinderella Castle affords you a roof at bus terminals.

roj2323

Original Poster
The underground work they are doing by the new tram loop makes me believe they are moving the ticket kiosks. Are they going to expand Hollywood boulevard and move the park entrance out?

Thoughts? @marni1971

TrojanUSC

Isn’t that the case at all the parks? While they can’t provide fancy amenities like working WiFi or a free bottle of water like a Sheraton, your $887/night room at the Grand Floridian with a view of the left middle spire of Cinderella Castle affords you a roof at bus terminals.

For a company that has invested so much in infrastructure and demands guests use "the app" for just about everything on property, it's just shocking how bad their in-room technology is, including the pitiful wifi.

ToTBellHop

If you are in your room playing on your device, you're not out spending money.

Even little decisions like whether off-site buses get a covered waiting area are designed to send a subtle signal that most people may not notice overtly but that may influence a later decision to pay more for an on-site hotel.
I don’t know—to me, it’s hardly veiled when you literally are corralled into the Hub as guests pass a Resort Guests Only sign to the rides during EMH. I don’t think they try to hide the preferential treatment, nor should they.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom