DHS Parking lot remodel and expansion

Kamikaze

This is something that I haven't thought about, concerning SWL. I REALLY want it to work, honoring the Star Wars legacy and all, but it sounds like they need about 3x's more space/attractions to hold all the people.

There will be a queue/wait just to enter the land, with an enforced separate guest limit on SW:GE. Thats their solution to not building enough. Its basically the reason that Grand Avenue exists. You won't see SW:GE completely overrun because the amount of people in it at any one time will be limited.

S 2

2 lanes !?
Now open! (four lanes) Courtesy BioReconstruct...
DUfuxK6V4AAoWV-.jpg-large.jpg

Movielover

So I'm just trying to align myself here, Green is the new entrance with the toll both and bus entry. What will blue be? New exit? and will red just disappear completely an be made into more parking?

DUfuxK6V4AAoWV-.jpg-large.jpg

Goofyernmost

You know, I love the pictures, however, I find it frustrating that no one seems to be willing to explain any part of them. I can see that the bottom picture, left side of the picture is SWL, however, what is the arrow identifying. And the first picture, the tops of cars in the parking lot and a large section of exposed construction, but, of what? I'm curious, but, I don't follow this as closely as many of you. If there is a point to the photo's please tell us so we can all share the knowledge.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
You know, I love the pictures, however, I find it frustrating that no one seems to be willing to explain any part of them. I can see that the bottom picture, left side of the picture is SWL, however, what is the arrow identifying. And the first picture, the tops of cars in the parking lot and a large section of exposed construction, but, of what? I'm curious, but, I don't follow this as closely as many of you. If there is a point to the photo's please tell us so we can all share the knowledge.

The arrow is something that Bioreconstruct added and I believe is explained in their tweets. In this case it's pointing out a large pile of dirt that has been moved to the new parking lot construction area, which is also what is shown in the second picture. I presume this is being done as a way to compress the earth there.

S 2

Forgive me: Here is a picture of dirt. Arrow points to dirt.

Goofyernmost

The arrow is something that Bioreconstruct added and I believe is explained in their tweets. In this case it's pointing out a large pile of dirt that has been moved to the new parking lot construction area, which is also what is shown in the second picture. I presume this is being done as a way to compress the earth there.
OK, thanks, the compaction issue does make sense due to the swamp like nature of the area. So basically it has no significance other then it is just there.

Goofyernmost

Forgive me: Here is a picture of dirt. Arrow points to dirt.
Well, that explains it. I don't know how I would ever know what a pile of dirt looks like without seeing it on the internet. Thank you Al Gore! What would I do without your invention of the interwebs. Apparently the excitement level of Disney Parks has gotten down to the point of watching piles of dirt settle. Kind of makes the act of going down to the Court House and watching the grass grow is a cardio, pulse raising, event.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It seems like they will need the space in a few years though.

Pretty much all this land is fair game for construction now, they have plenty of space. Worst case they build new parking lots further out and use the current ones for attractions. All the prep work that is currently being done for the new parking would have to be done anyway if they were going to build attractions on it, so little is lost if they decide to convert it in the future.

1518712961706.png

IAmFloridaBorn

Pretty much all this land is fair game for construction now, they have plenty of space. Worst case they build new parking lots further out and use the current ones for attractions. All the prep work that is currently being done for the new parking would have to be done anyway if they were going to build attractions on it, so little is lost if they decide to convert it in the future.

View attachment 264304
Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom