DHS New Attraction coming this summer! - The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow

GrumpyFan

Are there seats in there? I never saw the Narnia show. This sounds like it has potential though...

The last time I went in there, no, there were no seats. You walked in, watched a short dramatic presentation, then walked out. It was like a teaser, but worse because you had to wait in a line!

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Well, at least it sounds like they may be trying for something with a few new tricks. I'll give it a chance, but my expectations are low.

menamechris

Hopefully it will be everything they are promising. However, my expectations are also low. It sure would be nice to get something 'for real' in HS. But for now I am happy we are getting something, even if it is a glorified placeholder.

wsmith1978

:sohappy: So excited about this! I love the POTC movies!! Even if it's not a full-blown attraction, it's still better than Narnia, and of course MUCH better than an empty building. :sohappy:

Tom Morrow

Well, they have like, one month to build this... so I'm not expecting much. That said, anything at this point is better than nothing.

menamechris

Well, they have like, one month to build this... so I'm not expecting much. That said, anything at this point is better than nothing.

I agree. And apparently its not even worthy of an announcement of the Disney Parks Blog... But, like you said...better than nothing...

sparkstsa

Original Poster
since its described as a sensory experience, I expected it to be in the Sounds Dangerous building. How did we determine that it will be located in the Narnia building?

Atomicmickey

Well, not necessarily. How long has Narnia been closed? It's also possible that sets and FX have been worked on off-site and all they need to do is install.

I guess in sum, this sounds like it could be cool. We're going to have to wait and see, since it's such a vague and open-ended announcement. Well, we know the building isn't going to move, and it's not a roller coaster.

bcoachable

Who was that rap star that was brought back to life a couple of weeks back using hologram technology? Admittedly I have no clue if this is what is planned, but I know when I read about this Sparrow sensory experience, I thought of that...

saxamoophone

Narnia has been closed since last year ( despite what the Guide Maps said..) if I remember correctly, so they have had some time.

Yes, it's just a fancy meet & greet, but it's better than nothing...and a thousand times better than Narnia!

Think about this for a second...Narnia was an attraction open until late 2011 about a 2008 movie..a movie that already had a 2010 sequel by FOX STUDIOS since Disney gave up / lost the Narnia movie rights. When guests asked CMs about the attraction they had a very interesting time trying to get guests to go to this attraction ( or rather, finding a PC reason to get them NOT to go ).

Anything is better than what was there before =D

WDWFigment

I agree. And apparently its not even worthy of an announcement of the Disney Parks Blog... But, like you said...better than nothing...

It wouldn't be the first time that Disney itself scooped its own announcement (see D23's twenty-three leak of Star Tours: the Adventures Continue).

I don't see the basis for the assumption that this is being built in a month. Just because it leaked today doesn't mean that the project starts today. It could be years in the making.

All of that said, my expectations are still low.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom