DHS Millennium Falcon on Fast Pass

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
Yesterday, Wednesday, first day of FP compared to previous Wednesdays...

1582252720153.png

Today, Thursday, compared to previous Thursdays...

1582252868363.png

MFSR on Wednesday, first day of FP compared to other DHS rides...

1582253276405.png

MFSR on FP, Thursday, compared to other DHS rides...

1582253439240.png

Last edited:

Movielover

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
Well, there were those pointing out that (in their opinion) how anemic was MFSR's wait time compared to other attractions.

And so some of us said, "Yeah, but it's not on FP. You can't directly compare the wait time of an attraction without FP with those that are on FP. FP will certainly inflate the wait time."

And they said, "Mumble, mumble mumble." (I'm paraphrasing here)

Well, here you go. This is your Millennium Falcon. This is your Millennium Falcon on FP. Any questions?

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
So FP pretty much doubles the average wait time, which is to be expected as for every person using an FP and getting to ride quickly, there is someone else now waiting twice as long.

Well, to be technical, sometimes the FP is a walk-on which is zero wait time which makes comparing it to standby mathematically dodgy. :)

I've heard that sometimes the FP to Standby ratio to be 10 FPers to every one Standby. That should make a Standby line 10 times as long if FP is added. But then people don't get in line for Standby more and more so as Standby line gets longer and longer, and so, we won't see a 10 fold increase if it starts getting over two hours long.

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Yesterday, Wednesday, first day of FP compared to previous Wednesdays...

View attachment 450653

Today, Thursday, compared to previous Thursdays...

View attachment 450656

MFSR on Wednesday, first day of FP compared to other DHS rides...

View attachment 450657

MFSR on FP, Thursday, compared to other DHS rides...

View attachment 450659
And there you have it -- absolute proof that FP+ does NOTHING to increase wait times. Unless, of course, you add the 30 to 60 days people waited since making their FP+ reservations...

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well, to be technical, sometimes the FP is a walk-on which is zero wait time which make comparing it to standby mathematically dodgy. :)

I've heard that sometimes the FP to Standby ratio to be 10 FPers to every one Standby. That should make a Standby line 10 times as long if FP is added. But then people don't get in line for Standby more and more so as Standby line gets longer and longer, and so, we won't see a 10 fold increase if it starts getting over two hours long.

In practice...this is precisely what happens...the standby wait time gets longer as the line actually shrinks.

I also don’t think the ratios are locked in stone...the computer/controller can manipulate them as they want based on conditions.
I bet that ratio goes to like 20 to 1 at times.

Fastpass was created to reduce line to allow more eating and giftshop spending. Plain and simple. I worked with the people that designed and implemented it.

+ is something different entirely. It’s about crowd direction/employee engineering that I would argue decreases high profit spending.

Plenty of evidence of that through simple observation

RSoxNo1

No. FP doubles the average STANDBY wait time. When averaged against the people with FastPasses who have close to zero wait time, the average wait time is exactly unchanged.
"Doubles" isn't exactly correct, but assuming all else is equal (no operational delays due to Fastpass merge points and the like) the average wait time would hypothetically remain unchanged. The issue is you're dealing with people here and not computers. If the average wait time is 30 minutes for all who ride, then the Standby line is probably going to be 60 minutes+. There are absolutely people who will not wait in 60 minute lines but will wait in a 30 minute line. That has to factor in as well.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
8 days in Anaheim? Or total?

We had 4 on an 11 day trip originating in SF and ending at the Bellagio in Vegas
10 in Anaheim, 4 in San Francisco. We did Vegas last time we did Anaheim (stayed at the Bellagio too) and said next time it’d be San Francisco. Loved it.

We save the three weeks trips for Orlando - lots of places to go and people to see. Although this year we may have a little boat trip in the mix too.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
10 in Anaheim, 4 in San Francisco. We did Vegas last time we did Anaheim (stayed at the Bellagio too) and said next time it’d be San Francisco. Loved it.

We save the three weeks trips for Orlando - lots of places to go and people to see. Although this year we may have a little boat trip in the mix too.
Now I remember...you went to GEEKcon, right?

I have no idea for the life of me what one does in Disneyland for more than 5 days 😂

...I also caution everyone as consumers to not do that. They’re watching you and it affects pricing and lack of investment. A repetitive, annoying, but necessary refrain of mine 🤯

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom