DHS Mid-morning arrival on EMH day

Hi all!

I understand that it's sacrilege to visit an EMH morning park if you aren't taking advantage of the EMH hours. However, I am second guessing my party's ability to get up early enough to get to DHS from Yacht Club.

On any day, normal or EMH, would it be crazy to arrive at DHS around 10, staying through all the nighttime shows? I plan on having three FPs (TSMM, ToT, and Star Tours). I am planning to either pick up a same-day for RnRC, which right now look fairly plentiful or use my DVC tour FP for that. The rest of the day would pretty much be shows, meet/greets, breaks, and meals.

With the small number of attractions currently operating, do people hurry and do everything early on an EMH or normal day, then bounce to a different park? Are these early risers replaced by lazier people like me, creating crowds? I'm finding it difficult to imagine that I can't accomplish everything I want to accomplish (with three guaranteed FPs) without getting up for rope drop.

Then again, it's been a while since I've been in the first week of March. Our dates are March 3-9.

nickys

Premium Member
Hi all!

I understand that it's sacrilege to visit an EMH morning park if you aren't taking advantage of the EMH hours. However, I am second guessing my party's ability to get up early enough to get to DHS from Yacht Club.

On any day, normal or EMH, would it be crazy to arrive at DHS around 10, staying through all the nighttime shows? I plan on having three FPs (TSMM, ToT, and Star Tours). I am planning to either pick up a same-day for RnRC, which right now look fairly plentiful or use my DVC tour FP for that. The rest of the day would pretty much be shows, meet/greets, breaks, and meals.

With the small number of attractions currently operating, do people hurry and do everything early on an EMH or normal day, then bounce to a different park? Are these early risers replaced by lazier people like me, creating crowds? I'm finding it difficult to imagine that I can't accomplish everything I want to accomplish (with three guaranteed FPs) without getting up for rope drop.

Then again, it's been a while since I've been in the first week of March. Our dates are March 3-9.

I think if there's a park where it would be OK to break that rule, DHS is probably it. Simply because unless you're going at a really busy time (which you're not), then the shows don't need FPs and the other stuff doesn't either. So go ahead, make a plan using show times which will be posted nearer your visit, and enjoy!

The ONLY exception would be Jedi Training. If you don't have little ones who want to do it, then you're fine.

Upvote 0

Patrick Dollar

Original Poster
I think if there's a park where it would be OK to break that rule, DHS is probably it. Simply because unless you're going at a really busy time (which you're not), then the shows don't need FPs and the other stuff doesn't either. So go ahead, make a plan using show times which will be posted nearer your visit, and enjoy!

The ONLY exception would be Jedi Training. If you don't have little ones who want to do it, then you're fine.

I appreciate your response. That's sort of what I was thinking. If there were a few more of the old attractions, I don't think I would risk it. But with the limited number of attractions we want to do, I might risk it and see what happens. I hate to drag my bf out that early on his first day of his first visit -- even with a scheduled afternoon break, it just seemed frantic. And if I don't see Beauty and the Beast for the 100th time, I think I'll be fine.

Adults only, so no Jedi Training. :)

Upvote 0

disneyworlddad

Summer 2016 we drove in to DHS from Jacksonville, deff were not there for rope drop and did everything we wanted to. That includes leaving after noon to go back to the hotel for a late lunch/nap/dinner at Turf club. We then went back to the park to finish up for about an hour or two. We did not do indy or Beauty and the beast. But we did Disney Jr. ( had a toddler with us)

Upvote 0

Patrick Dollar

Original Poster
Summer 2016 we drove in to DHS from Jacksonville, deff were not there for rope drop and did everything we wanted to. That includes leaving after noon to go back to the hotel for a late lunch/nap/dinner at Turf club. We then went back to the park to finish up for about an hour or two. We did not do indy or Beauty and the beast. But we did Disney Jr. ( had a toddler with us)

I'm going to try to do all the shows except for Disney Junior. I haven't seen the Frozen Sing A Long. And I'm going to try for Beauty and the Beast for nostalgia and because it surely can't hang on much longer. I think my bf will appreciate Indy since it's his first time.

Thanks for your reply! I think I'm going to make it slightly more leisurely on us and just plan to get to DHS by 10. That lets me fit in everything and before our ADR at Sci-Fi and Fantasmic.

Upvote 0

disneyworlddad

I'm going to try to do all the shows except for Disney Junior. I haven't seen the Frozen Sing A Long. And I'm going to try for Beauty and the Beast for nostalgia and because it surely can't hang on much longer. I think my bf will appreciate Indy since it's his first time.

Thanks for your reply! I think I'm going to make it slightly more leisurely on us and just plan to get to DHS by 10. That lets me fit in everything and before our ADR at Sci-Fi and Fantasmic.

I think you will be able to do it as long as you have a good plan on the shows. We did get a fourth fastpass for frozen sign along, It was the last thing we did. We could have gone to fantasmic afterwords but called it a night because of our little one. I could have also gotten a fourth fastpass for startours.

Upvote 0

JohnD

Hi all!

No it's not crazy. I purposely scheduled my HS day on the day after MNSSHP so I could sleep in. You really have to stretch to make it through the entire day and, believe me, I did it. Most think of only the small number of attractions but forget the shows. Work those in too. At a minimum, it's a 30-45 minute break in A/C (okay, maybe not BATB). With shows, attractions, meals, lounges, etc. you. can make it an all day park. In the evening you need to decide on whether Fantasmic or SW fireworks.

Upvote 0

Patrick Dollar

Original Poster
No it's not crazy. I purposely scheduled my HS day on the day after MNSSHP so I could sleep in. You really have to stretch to make it through the entire day and, believe me, I did it. Most think of only the small number of attractions but forget the shows. Work those in too. At a minimum, it's a 30-45 minute break in A/C (okay, maybe not BATB). With shows, attractions, meals, lounges, etc. you. can make it an all day park. In the evening you need to decide on whether Fantasmic or SW fireworks.

Star Wars fireworks times have not been announced yet for March 2018. But I'm hoping they'll be at 8, with Fantasmic at 7 (announced). I won't have a prime location, but I was thinking I could catch the Star Wars fireworks after Fantasmic. Thoughts?

Upvote 0

JohnD

Star Wars fireworks times have not been announced yet for March 2018. But I'm hoping they'll be at 8, with Fantasmic at 7 (announced). I won't have a prime location, but I was thinking I could catch the Star Wars fireworks after Fantasmic. Thoughts?

That would be better. Right now they're 30 minutes apart. Regardless, if you hope to do both, sit on the far right of the amphitheater so you can be among the first out and claim a spot quickly to see the fireworks.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom