DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

DinoInstitute

That was my point, you can't go half way with it, the designers need to fully commit to the idea and have plenty of detail to re-enforce it.
Sorry then, misunderstood. I took your original statement of "committing to the guests is the size of a toy idea" to mean they don't really have a clear idea of what they are doing, not that it lacks detail.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Sorry then, misunderstood. I took your original statement of "committing to the guests is the size of a toy idea" to mean they don't really have a clear idea of what they are doing, not that it lacks detail.

Yeah, they clearly are going with the idea, but I don't want a land where I walk in and say, "oh look, a giant shovel, oh look a giant lunch box", I want a land that actually make me feel like a shrunk down version of myself is walking into Andy's yard.

Phicinfan

Yeah, they clearly are going with the idea, but I don't want a land where I walk in and say, "oh look, a giant shovel, oh look a giant lunch box", I want a land that actually make me feel like a shrunk down version of myself is walking into Andy's yard.
I fully agree with you, I wonder how that can be accomplished though with the existing trees and such that will be in the sight lines. I also question how they will handle the transition from "Andy's backyard" to Star Wars Experience....that takes some thought.

DinoInstitute

I would agree with that. But the problem is (that maybe is making it so that they can go cheaper on the details) that Andy's backyard isn't a definable, recognizable place like Radiator Springs. I think other TSL's do the job of making guests feel like a small toy, but nonetheless its not an environment that has specific details that can be noticed that are lacking. For example, people can know if the Cozy Cone motel is missing and feel less immersed, but for a vague backyard with toys, there's only so much immersion that can be had IMO. But back to my original point, I don't know if that is as huge a problem as its cut-back attractions.

Goofyernmost

They've done that idea in various forms (Honey I Shrunk the Kids, Tinkerbell meet and greet, Toy Story Playland). I don't buy it. Oversized props don't look as good as properly themed buildings or rock work.
Yea, IMHO, plastic rocks are generally overrated as well.

Bolt

I'm not the smartest but something that looks like a pedestrian bridge is installed over World Drive near the DHS entrance but clearly isn't that.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Another site is claiming that a CM parking garage will be built across World Drive. Anyone else hear this?

They have finally admitted they were wrong about this. Their latest article points out the land clearing that is going on next to the entrance road which is where new parking will go, but claims that all the trees in that area came down in one day even though aerials clearly show that land has been cleared for months.

Fox&Hound

Hi all! One aspect I am still unsure of: the DHS renovation/plussing is adding TSL, Mickey in the form of GMR, SWL, and an improved Muppet area. I love that the back part of the park is getting so much love but still can't help but feel like the front area with Indy, 50's primetime, the pond with Gertie, etc still needs a lot of attention. Has anything been hinted for the area where SWL was originally going to go? Will it stay stuck in the 90s? Will Indy stay another 20 years? Thanks for any clarification you can offer :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom