DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

Tony the Tigger

Maybe if the franchise were performing better. But it's not. So, miniland. Maybe a new Muppetvision 3D film though.

The franchise isn't performing better – based on what, the latest TV show?

Muppets are an institution just like Mickey Mouse. They're not going anywhere. Mickey Mouse doesn't have a television show in prime time. The Muppets don't have to prove themselves every three years to be viable.

Tony the Tigger

I blame the stupid decision the suits made to have Kermit and Piggy break up. They were meant to be, and we all know it! And I also blame the box-office failure of Muppets Most Wanted for that. Your movie was a modest success--so what, executives? So what?

I agree about the break up. If they were going to do it at all, just to make things interesting or whatever they had in mind, then they should have resolved it quickly, like within the first few episodes.

Fox&Hound

Right now the consensus is Monstropolis.

And maybe a phase 2.5 for you know what.

Thanks so much for your response!

I would be so excited to see a Monsters Inc area of DHS! It makes sense: we know that Disney likes to reuse old plans and the door coaster could be "dusted off" and used, it's been discussed that a Harry Hausens Chinese restaurant from the first movie would be an awesome addition, and the the meet and greet characters walking around would be a fun addition.

Old Hollywood, Star Wars, Monsters Inc, Muppets, and Toy Story: quite the collection :) random but exciting!!!

Magenta Panther

Muppets are an institution just like Mickey Mouse. They're not going anywhere. Mickey Mouse doesn't have a television show in prime time. The Muppets don't have to prove themselves every three years to be viable.

Of course they do. "Viable", to any company, is synonymous with "profitable". In those terms - heck, in ANY terms - it's ridiculous to compare Mickey with Muppets. Mickey still sells TONS of merch. Muppets? Not. Even the DVDs of their relatively successful Segel movie didn't sell well - Robert Iger admitted it himself.

The franchise isn't performing well in terms of their last flop movie, failing TV show and lousy merch sales. Hey, you asked.

As for Mickey, currently, he's got a VERY successful series of Emmy-award-winning new short cartoons airing on TV. AND of course he still sells tons of merch. I hate to break it to ya, but Disney didn't buy Henson's puppets with the idea of building a shrine to them. It expected them to be profitable. They're not. Period.

SCOTLORR

Is it worth making another thread for discussion on phase 3 possibilities with a poll on which IP's should get the land? Or too soon...

ToTBellHop

I'm not going to argue with you on this as it matters little how you or I feel on the matter. The powers that be expected the last film and current series to perform better, which they didn't. They have not given up on the franchise which is why we keep the show and get dining. Otherwise, we'd get a wrecking ball.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom