DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

danlb_2000

Premium Member
You probably don't want to use that as reference. If you look at these attachements posted earlier on this thread it looks like there is a big possibility that DHS will be getting a big expansion to the south/southeast. If that's the case there is enough space there to get the 14 acres of SWL with out even touching Indy. But I am not even sure they have set this in stone yet as Marni and some of the other guys have mentioned already. Unless I have missed something.

The permit for the land shown in those images indicates that most of it will be for parking.

Next Big Thing

There were two more permits from Hubbard Construction today:

DHS Back of House Package D1.01 - 511, 521, 541, 561 Cypress Dr
DHS Back of House Package D1.02 - 561, 595, 601, 611, 641, 643, 645, 649 Cypress Dr

I don't have any record of these addresses but I know Cat Canyon is 450 and Fantasmic is 951 so these is clearly Toy Story Land prep work.
When you search on Google Maps, all of those addresses go to behind ToT. It doesn't seem like that can possibly be right that 511 is in the same place as 649 though.

Mikejakester

In a hypothetical world where Star Wars films are doing very, very good at the box office, would there be any talk of a phase 2 for SWL in DHS? Too Early?
Yes, the plan is to eventually turn DHS to a star wars park as shown in the picture. They are starting with Endor and eventually make everything else around the park. :D

Im kidding of course. We barely know much about Phase 1, much less about a 'Phase 2 SWL' I believe.

Attachments

• 11896476_819509111503651_7959263910781081087_o.jpg
    11896476_819509111503651_7959263910781081087_o.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 348

Next Big Thing

Yes, the plan is to eventually turn DHS to a star wars park as shown in the picture. They are starting with Endor and eventually make everything else around the park. :D

Im kidding of course. We barely know much about Phase 1, much less about a 'Phase 2 SWL' I believe.
Disney knows all about Phase 1. A Phase 2 is not out of the realm of possibility of being in development.

When Hogsmeade was in planning at Universal, the plan - in 2007 mind you - was to eventually connect the two parks and create Diagon Alley at USF. So internally motors could be running on a phase 2 is all I was getting at.

Next Big Thing

The park is expanding. It sounds like Star Wars land will extend out into the current parking lot, and the new area will be used for replacement parking. Also Toy Story Land is going into land that is currently backstage.
And a small thing, but positive, the fireworks bunker across the street should allow DHS to keep all of their attractions open during fireworks unlike now, where the entire backside of the park has to close (which includes TSMM).

Hopefully it will also help the smoke problem with DHS' fireworks. Currently many are shot off right at the roof of the theatre (or nearby roofs), leading to a lot of smoke build-up in their firework shows. With fireworks shot from farther away, it should theoretically solve that problem.

Mikejakester

The park is expanding. It sounds like Star Wars land will extend out into the current parking lot, and the new area will be used for replacement parking. Also Toy Story Land is going into land that is currently backstage.
Oh...So there IS an expansion... and I Totally forgot about TTL. Sorry it's been a long day, i should stop sleep posting.

Mikejakester

Disney knows all about Phase 1. A Phase 2 is not out of the realm of possibility of being in development.

When Hogsmeade was in planning at Universal, the plan - in 2007 mind you - was to eventually connect the two parks and create Diagon Alley at USF. So internally motors could be running on a phase 2 is all I was getting at.
So you asked a question and answered it yourself. Right on! :hilarious::cool:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

At WDW all one needs to know about Phase 2 of any project is that it exists only in an imagineer's coffee table book

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom