DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

danlb_2000

Premium Member
So where is that exactly ?

The address has been used in the past for Cat Canyon.

Heck yea.... we need the customary MAP with outline of the affected area for this permit. Pretty Please....

This is a notice of commencement so this is all the information it provides.

I like that expiration date...

This is the same date the water management permit used, so it's looking like this may be the target date for at least TSL.

WildcatDen

I agree that while it seems a bit aggressive, it can definitely make some sense. Using Avatar for an example, even though some think it's taking too long, it looks like it will take roughly 3 years from "spade in the ground" to opening. Assuming that SWL will be at least the same size project but probably larger, and TSL looks to be a bit smaller, I could see 2018 and 2019 for these two phases to open, which would give them time for Phase 3 before 2021. I also think anything opening in 2017 is too aggressive.

Now what's this water ride you mention???
The 2017 reference is for Avatar. 2018 - TSL, 2019 - SWL, 2020 - TBD at EPCOT, 2021 - Phase 3 at DHS and TBD at MK.

I am still trying to learn more on the potential water ride. . .

danlb_2000

Premium Member
@danlb_2000 are you going to continue to put permit updates like these on your permit thread as well?

I keep a list of all permits in the permit thread, but I try to make postings about the interesting permits in the appropriate discussion thread. I will occasionally make posts in the permit thread for potentially interesting permits that don't have an appropriate thread. Once we get a DHS sub forum I might do a separate thread there just for DHS permits.

mm52200

I know there are lots of plans and rumors out there, but one thing I really want to know is if there are plans to eventually bring a parade back full time to the studios or atleast keep or rebuild the infrastructure for float storage/parade route once all of the construction is over. I know it's probably the last of many people's concerns but WDW needs parades in more than just MK. I know people claim Epcot and DAK can't handle them but DHS never had a problem with it. Hopefully this doesn't get overlooked in all of the construction and expansions.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I keep a list of all permits in the permit thread, but I try to make postings about the interesting permits in the appropriate discussion thread. I will occasionally make posts in the permit thread for potentially interesting permits that don't have an appropriate thread. Once we get a DHS sub forum I might do a separate thread there just for DHS permits.

I appreciate this as I find looking at these really interesting!

Wikkler

So where is that exactly ?
A stop on the former Backlot Tour.
deleteme.PNG

djkidkaz

The address has been used in the past for Cat Canyon.

This is a notice of commencement so this is all the information it provides.

This is the same date the water management permit used, so it's looking like this may be the target date for at least TSL.

So no TSL for Christmas 2017, more like Christmas 2018.

Monoblanco13

I would guess 2018...with SWL opening for the 50th in 2021. I have no faith they will ever get to Phase 3.
the first two phases will give the turnstiles a bump and they will say "Success!"... and that will be that.

I really hope you are wrong, but I do know why you feel the way you do. Iger won't be in power anymore so maybe we could be a lil optimistic.

Monoblanco13

i would think the construction of both lands will be pretty much running at the same time with TSL opening in late 2018 and maybe SWL opening in 2019
maybe im an optimist
Here's hoping though still trying not to get my hopes up. I really hope most if not all construction done by the 50th.

gmajew

Premium Member
I, too, am disgusted the entire area hasn't been demolished not even 24 hours after the Lights ended!! What is Disney thinking? They should have had wrecking balls, bulldozers, and other heavy machinery rolling in while the Guests were still leaving. Yet another sign this expansion isn't happening. When will we learn?!

/sarcasm ;)

Don't forget they should have the new lands ready off site and just flown and dropped into place... That way they can open in less then 24 hour time

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom