DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Are there any plans to rework the entrances? Seems right now the small north entrance is used more than the larger south entrance. I would think that once star wars and toy story come in that small entrance will not be able to accommodate the crowds and getting to the south entrance is just out of the way from most everywhere else.

Yes, there have been permits for some exploratory work for new entrance roads to the park.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
A permit was filed today for "HS - Idol Facility Rehab." Not 100% confident what it's for, but I wager this is for the Idol Audition Rooms where the Frozen Boutique was and not for the Sing Along (which surely wouldn't need a rehab after moving there permanently just a few months back). And if it is for the Boutique they might just be removing everything they placed inside, but knowing Studios' penchant for letting things sit (like all the POTC props still in the Backlot queue) I'm hoping they might actually be doing something with the space in the near future.

Do you want my job. ;)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
A permit was filed today for "HS - Idol Facility Rehab." Not 100% confident what it's for, but I wager this is for the Idol Audition Rooms where the Frozen Boutique was and not for the Sing Along (which surely wouldn't need a rehab after moving there permanently just a few months back). And if it is for the Boutique they might just be removing everything they placed inside, but knowing Studios' penchant for letting things sit (like all the POTC props still in the Backlot queue) I'm hoping they might actually be doing something with the space in the near future.

That location seems likely. The address on the permit is not one used for the Idol theater, but it is the same address used recently on a permit for the Sounds Dangerous space.

CapitanEo

Some thoughts: Phase 1 and 2 are announced and funded. Phase 3 seems likely as that area of the park will be very out of place with the lands surrounding it. Phase 4, to me at this point, seems unlikely. In 5 years once 1-3 are completed, the Studios will have a lot to do with a lot of money spent. At that point MK,DHS, and DAK should all be in pretty good shape. This leaves Epcot, which many already feel needs attention. I don't see Disney investing anymore money in DHS after 1-3 when Epcot will sorely need it.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Some thoughts: Phase 1 and 2 are announced and funded. Phase 3 seems likely as that area of the park will be very out of place with the lands surrounding it. Phase 4, to me at this point, seems unlikely. In 5 years once 1-3 are completed, the Studios will have a lot to do with a lot of money spent. At that point MK,DHS, and DAK should all be in pretty good shape. This leaves Epcot, which many already feel needs attention. I don't see Disney investing anymore money in DHS after 1-3 when Epcot will sorely need it.

unless they were to work on a few things in Epcot while still working on DHS....hmmm? :)

DHS needed a major facelift so it's going to get more attention... Epcot just needs a few things (or maybe a better way to say that is less than DHS)...and while they may be big to us... it's more onesey-twosey to Disney in a way. My guess is things will happen there more incrementally rather than a big bang or whole new land sort of like at DHS or DAK

CapitanEo

unless they were to work on a few things in Epcot while still working on DHS....hmmm? :)

DHS needed a major facelift so it's going to get more attention... Epcot just needs a few things (or maybe a better way to say that is less than DHS)...and while they may be big to us... it's more onesey-twosey to Disney in a way. My guess is things will happen there more incrementally rather than a big bang or whole new land sort of like at DHS or DAK

I agree with what you're saying. My feeling is that in five years time, phase 4 may get scrapped due to more pressing needs at Epcot. Which wouldn't be a new land but hopefully a systematic re-do for some of whats in place. A lot of pavilions could use an overhaul, UOE and no longer used WOL being good examples.

Fox&Hound

Are there any plans to rework the entrances? Seems right now the small north entrance is used more than the larger south entrance. I would think that once star wars and toy story come in that small entrance will not be able to accommodate the crowds and getting to the south entrance is just out of the way from most everywhere else.

Wait, do you mean entrances into the park? Where is there a northern entrance into Hollywood Studios? Am I misunderstanding? It's been a looooooong day =)

Fox&Hound

Since he is talking about multiple entrances I assume he means entrance roads not entrance to the park itself.

Haha- thanks to you and @CapitanEo for your clarification. I was like "I've been to this park hundreds of time. How did I miss this?" But then again, Epcot has another entrance that many probably do not know about it....Haha. Good to know I'm not losing my mind...yet. =)

Scor1pion

Wait, do you mean entrances into the park? Where is there a northern entrance into Hollywood Studios? Am I misunderstanding? It's been a looooooong day =)

Not referring to the actual park gate entrance. This is in reference to the parking lot/road entrances I believe.

Since he is talking about multiple entrances I assume he means entrance roads not entrance to the park itself.

Sorry, yes I was referring to the parking lot entrances.

*Q*

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that a new CM parking deck on the other side of World Drive will be fast-tracked allowing them to start building on the (current) CM parking for Star Wars ASAP. Since it is land that is otherwise undeveloped and not part of the theme park, it should be relatively easy to build a deck "quickly" on the other side of World Dr.

Unless the main CM parking is elsewhere for some of the timetable.

I would think they'll be parking CMs at Epcot for a while until a garage is built.

Nmoody1

Epcot has needed attention for the last 15 years.... never made anyone at the Mouse House bother before now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom