DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

matt9112

They are called details... an essential part of living. If you don't notice them you get what you deserve...Booking a Disney Vacation for Harry Potter... easily avoidable if you actually spend a minute to figure out what you are doing...

i would recommend both to any potential visitor...UNI and WDW both have wonderful rides and merits.

doctornick

I'm glad cooler heads are prevailing at it seems Echo and the Muppets are safe for the time being (I say time being ... just in case, LOL). I won't be happy they're safe until construction starts elsewhere.

Agreed. I actually think the plans that Martin posted were pretty much I was hoping for with this massive expansion: preservation of Echo Lake, retention of the Muppet area, new lands being built in previous backstage areas opening up more space for guests. I'm thrilled if the Star Wars stuff takes over the land allotted on that map.

doctornick

Getting somewhat back on track, I've put together how I understand things as it stands at the moment. I thought it may be easier to illustrate.

This is everything I'm aware as having been looked at. I can't vouch for anything still moving forward or not. I've also been deliberately vague with the exact extent of particular areas. Nor can I really go into greater detail about some of it.

View attachment 113217

Green - phase one
Red - phase two
Yellow - phase three
Blue - phase four
Orange - changes / enhancements
Purple - infrastructure

So, some questions about the orange areas:

1. Any idea what is going to happen to HISTK area? Will it be repurposed (to Bugs Life?) or replaced? I keep thinking that if they go with a Bug's Life theme, they might try to add in some of the rides from DCA. But the flip side is that Big's Life hasn't really maintained some significant popularity like some other Pixar films.

2. Is the Fantasmic! theater changes just going to be the updates to the show (which I'm very happy to hear about) or is the rumored daytime show actually going to happen?

3. What is the plans for the VOTLM theater? Is still on course for a new show in the near future?

French Quarter

1. Any idea what is going to happen to HISTK area? Will it be repurposed (to Bugs Life?) or replaced? I keep thinking that if they go with a Bug's Life theme, they might try to add in some of the rides from DCA. But the flip side is that Big's Life hasn't really maintained some significant popularity like some other Pixar films.

I don't have the answer to your question but wanted to discuss this option. While I could see A Bug's Life working with the theme, I couldn't imagine Disney going in that direction since A Bug's Life doesn't seem to be very popular and it has sort of been relegated to AK.

zakattack99

In the Parks
No

I do not have an answer for you but if Disney is worried that Bugs Life is losing popularity they could always swap out HISTK with UP. Could be a fun exploration with the kids finding hidden paths and eventually Kevin. But then again idk how popular UP is with the youngins either...

The Rocketeer

Agreed. I actually think the plans that Martin posted were pretty much I was hoping for with this massive expansion: preservation of Echo Lake, retention of the Muppet area, new lands being built in previous backstage areas opening up more space for guests. I'm thrilled if the Star Wars stuff takes over the land allotted on that map.
I agree. If this is how it turns out then I'm very happy. Of course, we don't know what IPs they're going to use for phases 3 and 4 yet.

Last edited:

G00fyDad

Hmmm...wouldn't you have to change the whole concept. I mean, in Cars Land you wouldn't be teeny tiny.

I thought the idea that was tossed around would have been a complete overhaul of the area since trying to go from HISTK to A Bug's Life would require that anyway. The "set" is more realistic than the Pixar created world in ABL so it would have to be "Pixarfied".

French Quarter

I thought the idea that was tossed around would have been a complete overhaul of the area since trying to go from HISTK to A Bug's Life would require that anyway. The "set" is more realistic than the Pixar created world in ABL so it would have to be "Pixarfied".

I'm sure a complete overhaul will need to happen no matter what the theme. I just was unclear if they were going for something completely different or sticking with the concept of larger-than-life features.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom