DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
And if we keep Iger and all the other suits in their current positions long enough, this could happen in the near future...
12020024_10153532477787254_5254490183911018162_n.jpg

(picture courtesy of @Endor Sightseer)

Of course, this picture is mocking Disney's obsession with Frozen, but given what Iger and his mooks have been doing regarding the hype and merchandising Frozen brought in its wake, it may happen sometime soon...

...anyone else feeling paranoid right now?

P.S. Also note how Disney is marked with the (R) sign. That would be definitive proof that Iger's gone off the deep end.
Yeah, but what time is the 3:00 parade?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Getting somewhat back on track, I've put together how I understand things as it stands at the moment. I thought it may be easier to illustrate.

This is everything I'm aware as having been looked at. I can't vouch for anything still moving forward or not. I've also been deliberately vague with the exact extent of particular areas. Nor can I really go into greater detail about some of it.

image.jpeg

Green - phase one
Red - phase two
Yellow - phase three
Blue - phase four
Orange - changes / enhancements
Purple - infrastructure

Last edited:

Lee

Adventurer
Getting somewhat back on track, I've put together how I understand things as it stands at the moment. I thought it may be easier to illustrate.

This is everything I'm aware as having been looked at. I can't vouch for anything still moving forward or not. I've also been deliberately vague with the exact extent of particular areas. Nor can I really go into greater detail about some of it.

View attachment 113215

Green - phase one
Red - phase two
Yellow - phase three
Blue - phase four
Purple - infrastructure
I concur.
Nice work.

doctornick

View attachment 113215

Green - phase one
Red - phase two
Yellow - phase three
Blue - phase four
Purple - infrastructure

Martin, that is awesome!

I'm actually really please with something that is perhaps silly -- the infrastructure on the other side of World Drive. If that gets used (presumable as a new backstage area, maybe as parking for CMs), that means they are serious about better utilizing the existing land at DHS more efficiently.

One question @marni1971... Any idea the timeframe for the changes/enhancements (orange)? I am hoping we see them sooner rather or later to have more/different offerings given the park's sorry state.

ctrlaltdel

View attachment 113215

Green - phase one
Red - phase two
Yellow - phase three
Blue - phase four
Purple - infrastructure
Thanks! Quick question, if you can answer, why are they keeping SoA around as is? Just seems weird.

The Empress Lilly

And if we keep Iger and all the other suits in their current positions long enough, this could happen in the near future...
12020024_10153532477787254_5254490183911018162_n.jpg

(picture courtesy of @Endor Sightseer)

Of course, this picture is mocking Disney's obsession with Frozen, but given what Iger and his mooks have been doing regarding the hype and merchandising Frozen brought in its wake, it may happen sometime soon...

...anyone else feeling paranoid right now?

P.S. Also note how Disney is marked with the (R) sign. That would be definitive proof that Iger's gone off the deep end.
Indy'Anna' Jones... :hilarious:

njDizFan

Wow...that yellow section is huge more than enough room for a fully fleshed out Carsland if wanted.

Also interesting are all those small orange updates.

BTW is the small green circle echo lake? And do we know what is going there?

*Q*

View attachment 113215

Green - phase one
Red - phase two
Yellow - phase three
Blue - phase four
Purple - infrastructure

Wait, that old wacky bridge-over-World-Drive rumor is legit??

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Question of the last months of 2015! If SOA is staying, why can't Osborne???? Was it a last minute decision to keep SOA? Maybe Disney can do something with Osborne now?????????
I'm under the impression it's more of an access and logistics issue for both guests and equipment, for both SOA, Toy Land and the wider park. I do expect some of SOA to be impacted temporarily and permenantly.

The majority of the actual lighting is new each year anyway. It could be put anywhere if they wanted to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom