DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

Magenta Panther

When the hell have I ever posted "insider information" in the past? Never. This specific information happens to be 100% true and I'm sorry that you don't like it, but too bad for you.

Well, two people who have posted insider info in the past and who have proven to be reliable say otherwise. It's not so much that I prefer their version, it's just that, thanks to their track record, they're more believable. Too bad for you. ;)

Anyway, only time will tell...

habuma

Considering they take place in the one area of the park that will mostly remain the same they should be safe. There should be no concern of them being closed outside of the normal budget cuts. The day that TDO cuts the Citizens is a very dark day. They're the main reason my family and I still go to DHS.

Same here. I often cite the Citizens of Hollywood as a major reason why DHS is not a half-day park. We almost always spend 2 full days in DHS on every trip and CoH are a main reason for that. If CoH were to go away, then I'd have to concede that it is a half-day park (at least until the new stuff opens up.

But like you said, I'm hoping that because they are seen in a part of the park that isn't changing much and because they fit the theme of that area so well, I see no reason for them to go, aside from budget cuts.

CapitanEo

While I love the Muppets, and I think the whole area is gorgeous, I have stated before that I think the film is meh!

I will certainly be sad to see Muppets 3-d go. Agree on the area, the fountain, the key under the mat, etc. The film is old but there's still parts that crack me up. Rizzo the Rat coming out as Mickey, Sam Eagle in regards to the firework finale "It's called "A Salute to All Nations, But Mostly America".

Donald Razorduck

Yet not a single permit has been pulled and with the lights management is ensuring that the show can never be resurrected

So once again WDW is cutting things with no replacement. The lights were a driver for our annual Christmas trip as I'm sure they were for many other families we will be there this year to see them off. Next year perhaps a new holiday destination

If you are serious and you want it to feel a bit like Christmas and have lights galore and it being states, go to Silver Dollar City.

Lynn Stephens

The good news is that the timeline is accelerated and it seems Disney is serious (this time) about fixing the worst part of WDW. I know we all long for attractions of the past (Horizons, Mr. Toad) but nostalgia lasts in memory, not in reality. Attractions need plussed or replaced because sometimes, they do not age well. I think we should all trust the Mouse this time and see what happens. Most of us agree that Uni did a fantastic job with Potter and we want Disney to do something just as great or better. My current Disney outlook has changed to "hopeful."

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
The good news is that the timeline is accelerated and it seems Disney is serious (this time) about fixing the worst part of WDW. I know we all long for attractions of the past (Horizons, Mr. Toad) but nostalgia lasts in memory, not in reality. Attractions need plussed or replaced because sometimes, they do not age well. I think we should all trust the Mouse this time and see what happens. Most of us agree that Uni did a fantastic job with Potter and we want Disney to do something just as great or better. My current Disney outlook has changed to "hopeful."

Yeah the timeline shortening is a great thing. Let's just hope we get a proper upgrade

Disneyhead'71

Yeah the timeline shortening is a great thing. Let's just hope we get a proper upgrade
Both of the new SW attractions will impress. Although, one is "Screenz!". The other will be very old scool meets new school. No matter the elaborate back story for Slinky, when standing back taking in a wide view, it will look more like Cheetah Hunt than Big Thunder. The unannounced mystery project that I believe is going in SoA will have an E Ticket and eye candy, I'm sure.

There will be plenty for both lovers and h8ers to wallow in.

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
Both of the new SW attractions will impress. Although, one is "Screenz!". The other will be very old scool meets new school. No matter the elaborate back story for Slinky, when standing back taking in a wide view, it will look more like Cheetah Hunt than Big Thunder. The unannounced mystery project that I believe is going in SoA will have an E Ticket and eye candy, I'm sure.

There will be plenty for both lovers and h8ers to wallow in.
In DHS's case, any additions are positive. The park needs some serious lovin!

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
Saw on Reddit that star wars launch bay themed construction walls are up in that area. Sorry no pics hopefully someone can get them for us soon!

elchippo

So we know UNI is apparently upgrading the Incredible Hulk coaster, BUT....is there any possibility that the reason a Phase 3 SOA/LMA replacement has not been announced is because they are making an attempt to get out of the Marvel theme park agreement, and at this point its too up in the air? Because I would think Marvel would be their first choice for SOA, to save on SOME construction. Maybe LMA could be an Avengers show? I suppose I'm just arm chairing now...but just trying to come up with realistic re-theming possibilities. If they're really going to bulldoze everything they're supposedly closing, they'd be rebuilding 75% of the park which just seems unrealistic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom