DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Is it bad that we are excited to see construction walls?
As Disney fans, we are, of course, excited to see construction walls because we know what they mean.
First-timers and lesser fans will be decidedly less enthused.

Case in point - my son. We've just returned from WDW less than two weeks ago. This was his first trip since 2008. (I've been four times since then.)

He HATED the walls and the construction everywhere - most especially at DAK and Downtown Disney. If he were in charge of arranging his own trips, he would probably be in the "I'm not going back until it's all done" camp.

He was also sad to see the BAH gone. :facepalm:

Smiddimizer

Stick it in the Captain EO theater and get rid of that relic. lol

+okay+that+joke+_773c6da37639bd7553d3bba0f1f6d961.png

Lee

Adventurer
This is the updated timeline that I heard. Take it with a teaspoon of salt since it's from a friend who spoke with an "insider" (at least I'm being open).

Toy Story Land Fall 2017 (AVATAR Spring 2017 for the three people who care).
Star Wars 2019 (no mention of a season, but it is being coordinated with Disneyland; personally, I'd guess May)
Cars Land 2020

Large scale construction underway south, east, and west in the park by this time next year.

And there is still a project heading down the pipes for MK's 50th.

He also mentioned that Osborne's imminent cancellation was a recent decision (meaning the schedule has been expedited). Again, salt. However, DL traditionally avoids large-scale construction during their decennial celebrations and is now planning to break that rule, suggesting an acceleration in pace.
Can't argue with any of that...

DisneyManOne

Well, I think my fears about the Muppets bidding DHS a fond farewell can be put to rest, because when I posted this thread--http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/save-muppet-vision-3d.904783/#post-689655--a couple hours ago, this was posted a few minutes after the thread was posted:

It doesn't need saving. It's not going anywhere. It will be updated soon but it is not being discontinued. I could tell you how I know this as a 100% true fact but then I'd have to kill you.
;)

So, with that said, I think it's safe to say the Muppets are remaining at Disney's Hollywood Studios!

On a side note, here's a video shot at DragonCon 2015 in Atlanta, regarding future Muppet theme park endeavors, as discussed by Debbie McClellan, the VP of Muppet Studios, and Steve Whitmire, aka Kermit the Frog.

Magenta Panther

Well, I think my fears about the Muppets bidding DHS a fond farewell can be put to rest, because when I posted this thread--http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/save-muppet-vision-3d.904783/#post-689655--a couple hours ago, this was posted a few minutes after the thread was posted:

So, with that said, I think it's safe to say the Muppets are remaining at Disney's Hollywood Studios!

Dude, when it comes to providing accurate insider information, PhotoDave eats Buddy Thomas' lunch. (And who the heck is Buddy anyway?)

And when it comes to what's going to remain at DHS, I think it's safe to say that NOTHING is safe. ;) Except the Tower of Terror, thank goodness.

Last edited:

UpAllNight

I know Toy Story, Star Wars and probably Cars represents a massive investment, but are there any other rides on the cards that maybe won't have their own themed area?

I'm trying to picture the park with these lands, along with the existing headliners...still feels a little short. Maybe the refreshed entertainment and show offerings will help this.

mm52200

Any updates on the future of the Citizens of Hollywood?
Considering they take place in the one area of the park that will mostly remain the same they should be safe. There should be no concern of them being closed outside of the normal budget cuts. The day that TDO cuts the Citizens is a very dark day. They're the main reason my family and I still go to DHS.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
I know Toy Story, Star Wars and probably Cars represents a massive investment, but are there any other rides on the cards that maybe won't have their own themed area?

I'm trying to picture the park with these lands, along with the existing headliners...still feels a little short. Maybe the refreshed entertainment and show offerings will help this.

9 minimum, 13 maximum, 11 median.... As far as new offerings...

*1023*

EDITED for clarity...

Last edited:

CinematicFusion

Rides:
1. Falcon ride
2. Star Wars adventure ride
3. Star tours
4. Tower of terror
5. Aerosmith coaster
6. Muppets 3d movie (Maybe?? Sounds very 50/50 to me right now)
7. Great movie ride
8. Toy story mania
9. Toy story coaster
10. Buzz light year claw spinner.
11. Radiator springs light or another Pixar Concept) (phase 3)

NightTime:
11. Star Wars fireworks themed to John Williams score. AWESOME!
12. Fantasmic

Shows:
13. Jedi Academy
14. I'm sure some Frozen, BATB or another Disney Ip musical concept.
15. Character meet and greets.

There will be some cool dining options...looking forward to what Star Wars has to offer.

Come 2020 this will be a fun park, this will be a very popular park.

That will be a solid attraction base (assuming the new rides are classics...I'm staying positive for now)

BuddyThomas

Dude, when it comes to providing accurate insider information, PhotoDave eats Buddy Thomas' lunch. (And who the heck is Buddy anyway?)

And when it comes to what's going to remain at DHS, I think it's safe to say that NOTHING is safe. ;) Except the Tower of Terror, thank goodness.
When the hell have I ever posted "insider information" in the past? Never. This specific information happens to be 100% true and I'm sorry that you don't like it, but too bad for you.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
When the hell have I ever posted "insider information" in the past? Never. This specific information happens to be 100% true and I'm sorry that you don't like it, but too bad for you.
I have never known you to post insider information before, so clearly you think you're on to something.
I'm actually most excited about the "update" part.

While I love the Muppets, and I think the whole area is gorgeous, I have stated before that I think the film is meh! The Waldo character is extremely annoying - as is Bean Bunny to a lesser extent.

During our recent trip in August, we didn't even end up seeing the film; although I did drop a chunk of change in the gift shop.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom