DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
Well Carsland is the best-themed area Disney has built in America this century/ millennium. It's a shoe-in. Something novel would be nice, though.
I went to Cars Land for the first time in June (well also first trip to Disneyland as well). I loved the theming. It was great no doubt. I just can see many opportunities with a Monstropolis. You could even have a similar ride vehicle to Radiator Springs Racer but tweak it to Monsters Incorporate. I get why they'll replicate it over here but I think a new land would be novel as well.

misterID

I went to Cars Land for the first time in June (well also first trip to Disneyland as well). I loved the theming. It was great no doubt. I just can see many opportunities with a Monstropolis. You could even have a similar ride vehicle to Radiator Springs Racer but tweak it to Monsters Incorporate. I get why they'll replicate it over here but I think a new land would be novel as well.
Monstropolis would be great. There were rumors DL was getting it at one point and there's still a door coaster, but nada.

ToTBellHop

If I may be so bold and borrow from 1996 since the colored areas are helpful:
image.jpg

Burnt orange is SWL ( and more to the north)
Mickey Ave closes and the road listed as "Soundstages" is largely the TSL thoroughfare. You can see how it will connect to Center Stage requiring OMD's and Jack Sparrow's demise. I think Mermaid theater stays with a new show.
Phase 3 takes out blue and some south of it, but that leaves space in purple for Phase 4.

ToT keeps its lightning bolt.

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
I hope the unannounced phase is a new IP. I feel like if they don't do something original they box themselves in for new attractions if they build a monstropolis or cars land then every new attraction at that park has to be star wars, monster/cars, or toy story related. They need something non pixar independent that they can grow with 10-20 years after completion. That's my $.02

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
I hope the unannounced phase is a new IP. I feel like if they don't do something original they box themselves in for new attractions if they build a monstropolis or cars land then every new attraction at that park has to be star wars, monster/cars, or toy story related. They need something non pixar independent that they can grow with 10-20 years after completion. That's my $.02
I think that would be a great idea as well but... I don't think that's the way they are going with park remodeling anymore. Good or bad can be inferred from that.

Haymarket2008

I would love to see them go the non-IP route, but the huge cash cows that are Toy Story, Star Wars, and Cars will warrant a large presence in the park. And with the new Cars 3 scheduled to released in 2018/2019, it seems like a sure thing that it is the next large component for DHS.

NormC

I asked. I have not been able to get a definitive answer as to whether that is going to be Star Wars area or if it is something different.

Now I understand it's the Muppets. It's the last thing Jim Henson ever did. It touched millions of people's lives. I would like to see it live on somehow… But I don't think that's realistic or it's possible.

It's over 20 years old. If we must sacrifice it, so be it. It's time to move forward.
Stick it in the Captain EO theater and get rid of that relic. lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom