DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

truecoat

That was a rumor from Mice Age a while ago, but the concept art shows a ride almost identical to the Mater's whip ride.

It sure looks like space ships pulling trailers to me. I think you're right.

toy story Buzz.jpg

DisneyManOne

Well… I asked around.

I've got some really bad news.

It's not a matter of if? It's a matter of when.

Well, that's just terrible! I loved the Muppet show! It's like Disney's giving up on all the classics that made the park what it is today.

So...DHS is pretty much gonna be nothing but Star Wars and Toy Story? Might as well rename the place "Disney's FranchiseLand" or "Disney's Hollywood Studios: Give Us Your Money!"

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Do you know if SWL is going that way?

I asked. I have not been able to get a definitive answer as to whether that is going to be Star Wars area or if it is something different.

Now I understand it's the Muppets. It's the last thing Jim Henson ever did. It touched millions of people's lives. I would like to see it live on somehow… But I don't think that's realistic or it's possible.

It's over 20 years old. If we must sacrifice it, so be it. It's time to move forward.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Well, that's just terrible! I loved the Muppet show! It's like Disney's giving up on all the classics that made the park what it is today.

So...DHS is pretty much gonna be nothing but Star Wars and Toy Story? Might as well rename the place "Disney's FranchiseLand" or "Disney's Hollywood Studios: Give Us Your Money!"

Well, there's always Europe… I hear it's nice.

YodaMan

Well… I asked around.

I've got some really bad news.

It's not a matter of if? It's a matter of when.

Kill me.

To be fair, I never truly expected for Muppets to stay in its current form. But with the park's new direction of Franchise-d Lands, I was really really hoping they'd find a way to make Muppets Studios one of the area and add a restaurant and some theming and call it a day.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Kill me.

To be fair, I never truly expected for Muppets to stay in its current form. But with the park's new direction of Franchise-d Lands, I was really really hoping they'd find a way to make Muppets Studios one of the area and add a restaurant and some theming and call it a day.

Its a theme park attraction. Its not a cure for cancer.

YodaMan

Its a theme park attraction. Its not a cure for cancer.

Please don't take this the wrong way because I do appreciate your insider information. And I even appreciate a bit of snark on your end when a newb so adamantly questions your often-correct infortmation. But can I not just voice an opinion on one of my favorite attractions without you needing to make a snarky reply? If this gets me on your infamous Ignore List, then so be it. But just let me share my opinion on MuppetVision (which many other members seem to echo) without jumping down my throat. Thanks.

And to stay on topic, I'm secretly hoping Disneyhead's info turns out to be accurate.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Please don't take this the wrong way because I do appreciate your insider information. And I even appreciate a bit of snark on your end when a newb so adamantly questions your often-correct infortmation. But can I not just voice an opinion on one of my favorite attractions without you needing to make a snarky reply? If this gets me on your infamous Ignore List, then so be it. But just let me share my opinion on MuppetVision (which many other members seem to echo) without jumping down my throat. Thanks.

And to stay on topic, I'm secretly hoping Disneyhead's info turns out to be accurate.

Don't take this the wrong way..... But go home and get your shinebox

gorillaball

Shortly after D23 someone had done maps of 3 different setups of TSL and SWL, all speculation of course, anyone know what thread those maps are residing in?

UpAllNight

I feel people are forgetting that Muppets 3d is actually bang average, outdated and actually not worth the space for any reason other than nostalgia.

3 first time visitors this year...1 fell asleep and the other 2 weren't impressed.

How can we as a fan a base complain about dated attractions if we reject a replacement for one of the most dated attractions on property.

Last edited:

HauntedMansionFLA

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom