DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

doctornick

Last I heard...

Toy Story won't open before late 2017. SW is slated to open (possibly in phases) in 2019-2020. Phase 3 would come shortly after.

We've heard strong rumors of a new villains show for the BatB theater and a new show replacing VOTLM -- any idea if those developments would be in the short term (i.e. "Phase 1")?

raymusiccity

Except for Springfield is IMO far superior to BttF. BttF script was beyond idiotic. Simpson's is clever and witty. And Simpson's now includes Moe's Tavern, Krusty Burger, Lard Lad's, Bumblebeeman's Taco Truck, Duff Gardensand Kang and Kodo's. All and all a far superior product to what BttF was.

I guess I'll continue to agree to disagree. I'd take time travel in a Delorean over a cartoon roller coaster, any day. :)

Lynn Stephens

I guess I'll continue to agree to disagree. I'd take time travel in a Delorean over a cartoon roller coaster, any day. :)
I know we are off topic, so I will close my thoughts with this: it's still a motion simulator, only the movie on the screen is different. We all have preferences and I respect yours. For me, it is the immersion of Springfield and being able to have a Flaming Moe, a Krusty Burger or a Duff. It's themeing that wins big with me these days, and BTTF only had an attraction.

IWant2GoNow

I can't figure out why they would spend the extra money for parking garages. Why would they not use this existing land? I find it hard to believe the land could not handle a parking lot. Don't they buy land elsewhere when they develop land on property?

View attachment 110159
Without spiraling into an armchair imagineering rant... Could they theoretically develop on that land with extra costs? Looks big enough for a 2nd DHS or at least a connection to the two sides...

DisDan

Do you think somewhere within Disney there are drawings/renderings of what the re-imagined DHS will look like? I mean they have to have a master plan with everything laid out where exactly every last detail will be built in the park to allow for engineering guest flow and all that. If only those would leak.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Do you think somewhere within Disney there are drawings/renderings of what the re-imagined DHS will look like? I mean they have to have a master plan with everything laid out where exactly every last detail will be built in the park to allow for engineering guest flow and all that. If only those would leak.

They probably have mapped out the basic layout they want to end up with, and what will go and stay, but based on things our insiders have said it appears that they don't have all the details of what the new stuff will be locked down yet.

YodaMan

I would love for this to be true, though its phase 3 wouldn't 1 and 2 need to be completed?
With today's announcement that the Osborne Lights will glow away forever on 1/3, it seems phase 3 will commence prior to the end of 2016. And LMA will close.

Or we're just mistaken about where Star Wars land is going… Or what's happening to Muppets… Or any number of things honestly

ToTBellHop

I would love for this to be true, though its phase 3 wouldn't 1 and 2 need to be completed?
Yes. DAK upgrades begin 2016. AVATAR is slated for Spring 2017. TSL opens late 2017 and is largely marketed in 2018. Star Wars is purportedly being speed-tracked to 2019. If clearing starts in the backlot in late 2016, that would put phase 3 (Cars) at 2020. And MK's addition in 2021 for the 50th. Looks like WDW should grab DL's "get ready to be dazzled" banners before they are thrown out.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom