DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

Okay, here goes. Props to those who supplied and broke information, like @WDW1974, @Lee, and a bunch others I'm reluctant to tag because we don't want information traced back....

I will try and update this first post as information comes out.

(And I'm starting this list mostly because I'm tired of retyping this stuff in every thread.)

Also, keep an eye on the Front Page of the site as @wdwmagic always posts anything on note there.

Things that Are actually Announced:

DHS ($2.8B-ish)
Infrastructure ($350M bond issue by RCID, Passed 17-1)

Filed Permits (via @danlb_2000)

Things that are likely but arent announced:

DHS

Epcot ($350m-ish)
  • Illuminations replacement/overhaul
MK ($350m-ish)
  • (Nothing nailed down at the moment)

Stuff thats simply rumored and unconfirmed, but comes from a good source.

MK
DHS

Everything else out there is exactly that, simply out there, unlikely or has been otherwise discounted.

DHS
  • Indy. Simply no indication from any sources that its coming. (Edit. I figured out why people think its coming. Still very unlikely.)
  • Muppets. Nothing about them coming or going. Update: Depends on the Success of the new series.
  • GotG. The topic might be revisited after the second film comes out.
  • Daytime Tangled Show at Fantasmic theatre. (Conflicting info on it)
Epcot
  • Inside Out. Simply fan speculation at the moment.
MK
  • New Night Parade? We're hopeful. Speculation that Jacobson is trying to work on one but nothing concrete. In a conversation with @Jose Steve Jacobson Davidson shot this idea down. Ce' La Vie.
  • Possible Wishes replacement. (Again, Nothing solid but recently mentioned)
  • Tomorrowland? Not happening due to the poor reception of the film

Last Updated: 8/28

Can you update this list? It's already September 7th.

well i actually have a rumor for you...you may not believe me one bit. But disney shanghai is opening next year and they are rumored to get the indiana jones show from DHS. Yes I'm not making this up it's a rumor though for sure. plus photo dave you never told us if tower of terror is coming down....lights! motors! action! extreme stunt show, the fate of the beauty and the beast show, what's safe and what's not safe...you never posted that on your DHS changes makover. No Monsters INC either?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
well i actually have a rumor for you...you may not believe me one bit. But disney shanghai is opening next year and they are rumored to get the indiana jones show from DHS. Yes I'm not making this up it's a rumor though for sure. plus photo dave you never told us if tower of terror is coming down....lights! motors! action! extreme stunt show, the fate of the beauty and the beast show, what's safe and what's not safe...you never posted that on your DHS changes makover. No Monsters INC either?
The "article" said "with any luck" the stunt show would be the Indy one from DHS. That's not exactly a confirmation....

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom