DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

kdzgon

Oddly, outside of Grand Californian, there are plenty of Good Neighbor Hotels that are actually closer to DL than the DLH or Paradise Pier Hotel. I don't really find DLH or PPH to be in any way remarkable, either. Grand Californian is nice but for some reason not up to the level of WDW's lodges (and I can't put my finger on it; they should be comparable). But it's so expensive! We stayed at the Sheraton last time and were very pleased. It even has a bit of a castle theme (sort of) and you can sit in the parking lot and watch the DL fireworks. Not too shabby. The shuttle was faster than the walk/monorail from the DLH or PPH.
I loved the Grand Californian when we stayed there - I think it is head and shoulders above most of the WDW lodges. Ironically while it seems the cash price is pretty high, the point requirement is pretty reasonable compared to WDW DVCs. We stayed in a beautifully appointed 2 BR unit for 52 points; the cash price for a basic hotel room there was approx $1,000 for the same night!

kdzgon

Alright, what about the other hotels? Simple fact- I'm not paying out the keister to fly out to California, stay in some generic hotel, WALK through the Mad Maxian landscape that is Southern California, for a bunch of rides and not much else that I can't already get in Florida.
I thought the same thing until we visited. DL is just different, but certainly still magical in its own right.

Lynn Stephens

The Disney Villains show is bore on the cruise ships. At least it would be something new in DHS and Disney already has the show scripted and directed. There are some pluses...I'll try to be more positive.

lebeau

The Disney Villains show is bore on the cruise ships. At least it would be something new in DHS and Disney already has the show scripted and directed. There are some pluses...I'll try to be more positive.

Please don't use Villains Tonight! Groan. Hades by way of Bruce Vilanch. No thanks.

WDWYankee15

Based on how well the stage show went over at the Unleash the Villains event other than the masses of people who showed up, I think it would be awesome!!! In a controlled theatre area, with a few shows a day, this could work very well indeed!!!! Marie
With the interest in Villains and the merchandising share they could garner, it would be great if part of the DHS makeover included a "Villains Area." Perhaps an attraction or two (shows/rides), a merchandise location, and a unique meet and greet location (a Villains Lair, ala Princess Fairy Tale Hall).

wannabeBelle

With the interest in Villains and the merchandising share they could garner, it would be great if part of the DHS makeover included a "Villains Area." Perhaps an attraction or two (shows/rides), a merchandise location, and a unique meet and greet location (a Villains Lair, ala Princess Fairy Tale Hall).
I like it I like it a lot!!! I am more of a princess type myself, but this could be super popular and re-energize the Studios if done correctly. Marie

WDWYankee15

Also on the notion of meet and greets, I say that DHS is the right location to have a meet and greet set up for "random" characters. Long Lost Friends weeks were popular events two years ago during their promotional event campaign. Characterpalooza ("Pop-up Surprise") has always been popular at DHS and one of the few places to see rare/random characters. It has become so popular that reportedly recently they have tried to keep it more "unadvertised." What better park then one that celebrates movies to have the characters of Disney's movies to randomly appear. No telling which "movie stars" are inside at the time to meet. I think it would be a huge draw and because of the amount of "friends" they have to put on Fantasmic! it would seem to work well from a staffing prospective.

rnese

There isn't enough thinking outside the box here. Everyone seems to be pigeonholing Lucas films to Star Wars and/or Indy. What everyone is overlooking is how OTHER Lucasfilm greats will fit in fantastically at the new DHS. American Graffiti is going to take over Streets of America. RnRC is going to be re-themed to Labyrinth, complete with David Bowie classics. Finally (off topic...sorry), Tomorrowland expansion will include an E ticket THX 1138 speedbike coaster and Howard the Duck M&G. Oh...I almost forgot the Tucker Restrooms.
I know all this because I actually met George Lucas once. He visited the set of Back to the Future II. GREAT SCOTT!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom