DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

SYRIK2000

What I mean by buzz is that the big popular uproar is fading and it's fading fast. There are no longer constant broadcasts of Frozen music, dolls and Olaf, in particular, are sitting on shelves collecting dust and, most importantly, kids are fickle. They go from one phase to another quickly, and Frozen is no longer the end all. Yes, it is still popular and when they open it, if they ever get it done, will be a mad house, but, I don't see it as a big pull forever. I would predict (just guessing mind you) that after a year, it will be a walk-on.
Not up in New England, Frozen is still everywhere. And don't forget there is a sequel in production. I just searched Walmart.com in toys and there is 17 pages of results. I think you're Frozen fading is wishful thinking.

Kman101

Tell that to Disney. I'm fairly certain that is exactly what they are going to do.

You know their plans?

Look, I get those who run the company and those who manage WDW have left a lot to desire over the last decade and a half but I think they're learning their lessons. I'm not expecting things to live up to my high expectations but I think, based on the amount to be spent, there's room for more optimism this time.

I'm still cautious, don't get me wrong, but so many still want to cling to 'they aren't doing anything' when yes, they are. Many things aren't some people's cup of tea (Frozen, Avatar) but no one can really deny they're spending money. I see slight improvements.

Goofyernmost

Not up in New England, Frozen is still everywhere. And don't forget there is a sequel in production. I just searched Walmart.com in toys and there is 17 pages of results. I think you're Frozen fading is wishful thinking.
I lived in New England (Vermont) for over 50 years, we were always light years behind everyone else when it came to following popular trends. So to me, it's not a good gauge. Besides New Englanders can all relate to Frozen on a personal level. Anyway, I have expressed it as my opinion, based on what I have observed over the last few months. It could be wrong, it could be right... we will see. In the meantime I'm just going to 'let it go".

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
I think that Frozen will be popular, but, the buzz is fading fast. I hardly ever see Frozen merchandise in stores anymore so all our expected mad rush is probably no where near the reality of it. The M&G's will still be popular, but, the overall draw, I think, will be less then a problem. I'll bet that they do wish that they had the IP for Minions though. Those dudes are everywhere.

It's dropping but leveling off, IMO. It's still a big draw for DHS tho.

Plus there's another movie coming.

ToTBellHop

It's dropping but leveling off, IMO. It's still a big draw for DHS tho.

Plus there's another movie coming.
And still popular enough to warrant a 2000 guest/hour E-ticket at DHS. Oh, well. I won't impact me that much. I'll FP the new ride once per vacation and be done with it.

SYRIK2000

That is the popular rumor.

I wouldn't be surprised if misinformation is going to be leaked just to identify who's leaking it.
They really that uptight about it? Even if a handful of people on here guess what it is. The general public will still have no idea. I would think they'd want to leak some info to placate people.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
To damp down the fanboi foaming all we KNOW is attractions are scheduled to close and a large amount of money was 'approved' as a budget, what's not been done is actual appropriation of the money.

In short this may never happen as it may have simply been a PR stunt to blunt the impact of more closings at DHS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom