DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Okay, here goes. Props to those who supplied and broke information, like @WDW1974, @Lee, and a bunch others I'm reluctant to tag because we don't want information traced back....

I will try and update this first post as information comes out.

(And I'm starting this list mostly because I'm tired of retyping this stuff in every thread.)

Also, keep an eye on the Front Page of the site as @wdwmagic always posts anything on note there.

Update..... Given the current financial uproar, we really dunno anything solid anymore.

Things that Are actually Announced:

DHS ($2.8B-ish)
Infrastructure ($350M bond issue by RCID, Passed 17-1)

Filed Permits (via @danlb_2000)

Things that are likely but arent announced:

DHS

Epcot ($350m-ish)
  • Illuminations replacement/overhaul
MK ($350m-ish)
  • (Nothing nailed down at the moment)

Stuff thats simply rumored and unconfirmed, but comes from a good source.

MK
DHS

Everything else out there is exactly that, simply out there, unlikely or has been otherwise discounted.

DHS
  • Indy. Simply no indication from any sources that its coming. (Edit. I figured out why people think its coming. Still very unlikely.)
  • Muppets. Nothing about them coming or going. Update: Depends on the Success of the new series.
  • GotG. The topic might be revisited after the second film comes out.
  • Daytime Tangled Show at Fantasmic theatre. (Conflicting info on it)
Epcot
  • Inside Out. Simply fan speculation at the moment.
MK
  • New Night Parade? We're hopeful. Speculation that Jacobson is trying to work on one but nothing concrete. In a conversation with @Jose Steve Jacobson Davidson shot this idea down. Ce' La Vie.
  • Possible Wishes replacement. (Again, Nothing solid but recently mentioned)
  • Tomorrowland? Not happening due to the poor reception of the film

Last Updated: 2/18

Last edited:

MerlinTheGoat

Don't know if it's part of the $350 million, but I certainly hope Space Mountain is finally given a good refurb in the near future. More like a total rebuild is required at this point.

You can add a rumor of a Wishes replacement for MK. I know it's been talked about for a few years, including WDW1974 mentioning it.
This topic is just about what will be included in the $3bil+ WDW project. Wishes has been stated countless times to be getting a replacement, likely within the next few years. But it may have a separate budget of its own, possibly not related to the $350mil allotted to Magic Kingdom. Heck it may already be well into development and already had a budget approved before this.

FerretAfros

Thanks for combining everything in one easy-to-use location

And although it certainly doesn't mean anything about Muppets' potential future, Mama Melrose stops showing availability on October 26, including through the peak holiday period and Osbourne Lights. I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else, so it could be a clue of things to come

Mike S

I love Wishes, but it has gotten a little old since I first seen it back in 2004. I'm surprised it's been there that long.
I remember walking through Magic Kingdom, Fantasyland to be specific, as a little kid and them making the announcement to see the brand new fireworks show. It's time for something bigger and better. We know they're capable of it.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Thanks for combining everything in one easy-to-use location

And although it certainly doesn't mean anything about Muppets' potential future, Mama Melrose stops showing availability on October 26, including through the peak holiday period and Osbourne Lights. I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else, so it could be a clue of things to come

Yes, everything in one place seems like easiest to navigate at the moment.

Mama Melrose? Havent heard that yet. Thanks.

brb1006

I remember walking through Magic Kingdom, Fantasyland to be specific, as a little kid and them making the announcement to see the brand new fireworks show. It's time for something bigger and better. We know they're capable of it.
While I'm looking forward to a new fireworks show. I will admit, I'm going to miss hearing Jiminy Cricket's narration during the show. There's something about hearing Jiminy's voice and narration that just gives me a happy feeling. Helps that he's one of the icons for Disney along with Tinker Bell and Mickey Mouse.

doctornick

This topic is just about what will be included in the $3bil+ WDW project. Wishes has been stated countless times to be getting a replacement, likely within the next few years. But it may have a separate budget of its own, possibly not related to the $350mil allotted to Magic Kingdom. Heck it may already be well into development and already had a budget approved before this.

Sure, but maybe a Wishes replacement is part of the MK's money. Hence, why I suggested it as a rumor.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
While I'm looking forward to a new fireworks show. I will admit, I'm going to miss hearing Jiminy Cricket's narration during the show. There's something about hearing Jiminy's voice and narration that just gives me a happy feeling. Helps that he's one of the icons for Disney along with Tinker Bell and Mickey Mouse.
Has it been announced they're doing away with his narration?

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Sure, but maybe a Wishes replacement is part of the MK's money. Hence, why I suggested it as a rumor.
Has it been announced they're doing away with his narration?

We don't have it solid and locked down beyond simply discussed and rumored. So on-again, off-again rumored that I'm reluctant to even mention it....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom