DHS CARS LAND

nicknick553

Just learned that the surveyors (not Park surveyors, construction surveyors) who came to DHS to survey for Cars Land said that the ground is too "spongey" and there is too much risk for sink holes to build a full Cars Land so it will either be a downsized Cars Land or a something different but most likely something different because Cars Land was designed to attract more people to DLand

Tim_4

I would be a little more careful of who you throw down a challenge to on this site ... Tikiman is the best source here for news on the Poly and due to those connections might know what is happening elsewhere on property. No offense meant.
I don't doubt his credibility. I was asking if he had heard this information or if it was his personal theory. Even insiders are entitled to opinions.

tikiman

No offense taken. I know how easy it is to be skeptical when people post stuff. I can’t say much more right now but I try only to post when it is something I know for sure. Im not much of a fan of rumors.
Sounds like Nick knows what he is talking about with the “spongey” land but don’t count on a downsized Cars Land. Something more Star Wars and yes, Echo Lake.

jt04

No offense taken. I know how easy it is to be skeptical when people post stuff. I can’t say much more right now but I try only to post when it is something I know for sure. Im not much of a fan of rumors.
Sounds like Nick knows what he is talking about with the “spongey” land but don’t count on a downsized Cars Land. Something more Star Wars and yes, Echo Lake.

Good. And hopefully while they are at it, the hat will go too. If Indy goes, I have to believe that the franchise is destined for DAK or the MK.

And who was the first person to suggest that the land at DHS might not support a clone of Carsland? Yes, that would be me. Happy to help.

Not getting a Carsland clone is the best news we have had here in quite awhile.

I like the direction they are taking. Perfect.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Good. And hopefully while they are at it, the hat will go too. If Indy goes, I have to believe that the franchise is destined for DAK or the MK.

And who was the first person to suggest that the land at DHS might not support a clone of Carsland? Yes, that would be me. Happy to help.

Not getting a Carsland clone is the best news we have had here in quite awhile.

I like the direction they are taking. Perfect.

So why are you so quick to accept something that was posted by a newcomer to the board, when you routinely reject things post by long time members with proven track records? Is it just because it agrees with what you want to believe?

jt04

So why are you so quick to accept something that was posted by a newcomer to the board, when you routinely reject things post by long time members with proven track records? Is it just because it agrees with what you want to believe?

The poster in question has been here since 2010 and tikiman seems to verify most of the rumor. So it has been reasonably verified and more importantly, it just makes good sense.

-Star Wars is likely because Marvel is not (at WDW)
-Echo Lake eats space in a park that needs space
-The Indy franchise is a better fit elsewhere at WDW
-this news fits perfectly with other rumors that have been verified by several reliable sources or at least not refuted by established insiders (which is equally important)

MerlinTheGoat

I am more than happy with something different than Cars as long as the replacement rides are as quality rich or moreso than RSR. But that IS the worry here, that WDW will once again get a rather lacking expansion.

Lets wait and see what other insiders have to say as they get updated info as well. @Lee @marni1971 @articos and anyone else, do you guys have anything to say about these new rumors?

The Empress Lilly

There will be no Cars land in WDW. There will be a huge new project that will take out things around Star Tours all the way to Indy and the lake next to it.
No Cars Land will be just fine with me.

But hands off of the lake! Echo Lake barely takes up any space. And it is part of the area of DHS that is just perfect as is. It is the back half of the park that needs work, not the front half.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The poster in question has been here since 2010 and tikiman seems to verify most of the rumor. So it has been reasonably verified and more importantly, it just makes good sense.

-Star Wars is likely because Marvel is not (at WDW)
-Echo Lake eats space in a park that needs space
-The Indy franchise is a better fit elsewhere at WDW
-this news fits perfectly with other rumors that have been verified by several reliable sources or at least not refuted by established insiders (which is equally important)

I trust Tikiman as a source so I give some weight to his statement that Carsland isn't coming, I am just skeptical that the reason is because of "spongey" land. Since you have said there would be no Star Wars land until after 2015, what do you think is coming to DHS based on these rumors?

doctornick

I am fine with no Cars Land, though I do think Pixar Place should be expanded and I would like Cars to be part of that -- to be honest, I think Mater's Junkyard Jamboree (+ maybe some merchandise like Lizzy's curio shop) would be a nice addition to DHS. If a Pixar Place expansion happens.

That said, I'd be pretty surprised/disappointed if no Pixar additions come to DHS. At the very least, they need to put something into Soundstage 1, whether the door coaster or something else.

Last edited:

Tim_4

At least build one or two Pixar place attractions. Maybe they can find the funds to build the Monsters Inc coaster, but that's just wishful thinking...
Monsters coaster wasn't cut just for financial reasons. WDI never got a design that would work. That project was over budget before it even got out of the development phase. It wasn't that they lost funding, they just ran out of the funding they were given.

doctornick

Monsters coaster wasn't cut just for financial reasons. WDI never got a design that would work. That project was over budget before it even got out of the development phase. It wasn't that they lost funding, they just ran out of the funding they were given.

Really? We've heard talk of it being cut, but I never have seen an explanation before. I'm sad to hear this if true, but hope they come up with another replacement for that space. I know there was a blueprint that popped up on these pages before for a ride that looked to be Monsters Inc themed (had doors in it) that was on the ground and had these polls in the vehicles and had crossing tracks. Maybe that is destined for Soundstage 1? I hope they put something there in the short term and it's already themed for Monsters Inc somewhat on the outside; if nothing else, at least copy the DCA ride or (even better) the Ride and Go Seek from Tokyo.

Also, wasn't there relatively recent talk about the Monsters Inc coaster being added to a Monstropolis themed area in DCA (replacing the Muppets show)? Was that not correct?

Not gonna happen, but I would look to Paris for clones, not DCA. I'd clone Crush Coaster, with two tracks for capacity. And Ratatouille looks destined to become a hit too. It could be rethemed for a more American audience, for example Brave. Americans love princesses, Europeans culinary rats.

I'm all for a Ratatouille clone for the area. Would be a perfect ride -- bring the LPS tech to WDW and provide a family friendly attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom