DHS CARS LAND

SirLink

Before things run away...

There are potentially 2 areas in DHS PixarPlace that could potentially go green very soon

Other items are also being blue skied

This could also mean other items in the park being removed as part of a park wide sparkle-type initiative

But nothing is 100% so far as I know yet. The parks management have known for a good 4-5+ years it was in dire need of a cohesive makeover and a park-wide theme. Hopefully the competitions upping the ante by several thousand levels has finally started the battle we wanted and WDW so dearly needs.

I wanna give you a bro hug Martin.

tomman710

There are potentially 2 areas in DHS PixarPlace that could potentially go green very soon

This could also mean other items in the park being removed as part of a park wide sparkle-type initiative

But nothing is 100% so far as I know yet. The parks management have known for a good 4-5+ years it was in dire need of a cohesive makeover and a park-wide theme. Hopefully the competitions upping the ante by several thousand levels has finally started the battle we wanted and WDW so dearly needs.

@marni1971 Do they have an inkling of timeframe, not for completion, but do they have a goal in terms of time in regards to green lighting something? For example, "let's have this decided by D23" or "let's get this ready by the end of the year to trump Transformer announcements" ... I guess I'm curious mostly about their sense of urgency because while I'm pumped about the potential but I'm concerned if they are going to move or sit on it for a while.

tink1

I think all that disney needs for a "potter swatter" is wait a bit. Most of the kids have already moved on past the potter books and are onto hunger games or something else. While they did a fantastic job, I don't think the "land" will stand the test of time.

The little ones that are currently into Disney Princesses and Cars will become Potter fans as they outgrow them and learn to how to read. Unless people stop having children there will always be new Potter fans just like Disney Princess fans.

Disneyhead'71

OK, so I know we left the "cloning" discussion a few pages back, but I wanted to throw in my $.02 worth. After my first visit to DCA I was very against cloning, but I have altered my stance just a bit. I think that all the Disney Parks should have their own unique feel but I think that it is ok to clone headliner attractions. These are the big expensive attractions that showcase the best of what WDI can do. Shared R&D costs can produce a more impressive attraction and blow the socks off of the guests. And I don't think that most people would have a problem with clones if there were 2-3 cloned world class E-Tickets in each park if the rest of the D-C Tickets were all original. As in, I don't mind seeing clones of ToT, Indy, Soarin', etc. but you can only do that if the rest of the park ISN'T flashed out with Muppets and a ITTBAB clones.

Clone the cake, unique frosting.

Atomicmickey

Just a thought.

While they are bringing all of the attractions from the West Coast out,
why not theme World Drive to look like the 405 from LA, and give
Downtown Disney a Burbank overlay?

JWG

I like it, I want to believe it, but this is TDO afterall... Sadly, the temperature will change two degrees today as will all decisions about future state of any one WDW park.

TikiTorch

I think all that disney needs for a "potter swatter" is wait a bit. Most of the kids have already moved on past the potter books and are onto hunger games or something else. While they did a fantastic job, I don't think the "land" will stand the test of time.
I actually agree with this, BUT this exact reasoning is why so many are probably concerned about the prospects for an Avatar land.

TarzanRocked99-

I like it, I want to believe it, but this is TDO afterall... Sadly, the temperature will change two degrees today as will all decisions about future state of any one WDW park.
Hopefully these decisions are being made from Burbank with very little input from O-town

Disneyhead'71

All I know is that if the MI Door Coaster comes through I will be SOOOOO disappointed if they go with the Vekoma Family Suspended Coaster ride system. It is very painful even when doing simple banked turns. I never want to ride another one so I am hoping that they go with a different ride system.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
@marni1971 Do they have an inkling of timeframe, not for completion, but do they have a goal in terms of time in regards to green lighting something? For example, "let's have this decided by D23" or "let's get this ready by the end of the year to trump Transformer announcements" ... I guess I'm curious mostly about their sense of urgency because while I'm pumped about the potential but I'm concerned if they are going to move or sit on it for a while.
I'm afraid not. Even press releases aren't enough. Until something substantial starts to be built I'm on the fence. Or am told otherwise.

ChrisM

Would your "liking" of my ramshackle diagram indicating the general borders of two possible new projects be indicative of the two areas you are referring to?

baymenxpac

this is insanity, as some have stated already. there's no use belaboring the point.

while i'd normally be inclined to agree, i think the execs know how dire things are at DHS. based on some of @marni1971's posts, it really seems like they get the fact that the whole place is a sheer and utter mess. and if they need to be reminded, they can jump on their new "my disney experience" app any time and check out TSMM's FP and stand by times on literally any day of the year.

the fact that, what is essentially, a video game has a 90-180 minute wait by an hour into park opening every single day is a testament to the nonsense DHS has become. and to their credit, i think they get it. although the proof will be in the pudding, or in this case, the green lights.

whylightbulb

Original Poster
Will anything that Disney could announce possibly beat HP2.0?
Yes there are things Disney could announce that could beat Potter. Right now, in my opinion, nothing Disney is about to announce will beat it.

Universal is throwing everything but the kitchen sink at Potter 2.0. The main ride will blow away anything Universal or Disney has done stateside in the past 18 years. It's a step above Forbidden Journey and will earn its place among the classic theme park attractions. Carsland looks great and RSR is a wonderful attraction but in terms of the "wow" factor I believe Potter 2.0 will win hands down. There will be some amazing "how did they do that" moments and enough immersive thrills that I just don't think Carsland has.

Some of the interactive technologies Disney is playing with for Avatar look interesting. I'm not involved with Avatar's main ride so I don't know what they have up their sleeve for that one. The bottom line is, so far it looks like Universal is going to win this round in my opinion.

baymenxpac

Yes there are things Disney could announce that could beat Potter. Right now, in my opinion, nothing Disney is about to announce will beat it.

Universal is throwing everything but the kitchen sink at Potter 2.0. The main ride will blow away anything Universal or Disney has done stateside in the past 18 years. It's a step above Forbidden Journey and will earn its place among the classic theme park attractions. Carsland looks great and RSR is a wonderful attraction but in terms of the "wow" factor I believe Potter 2.0 will win hands down. There will be some amazing "how did they do that" moments and enough immersive thrills that I just don't think Carsland has.

Some of the interactive technologies Disney is playing with for Avatar look interesting. I'm not involved with Avatar's main ride so I don't know what they have up their sleeve for that one. The bottom line is, so far it looks like Universal is going to win this round in my opinion.

very interesting.

i think disney is playing with the deck stacked against itself in terms of the immersive element. i said this in another thread, but the way rowling imagined the entire wizarding world, down to the culture, sights, sounds, and fare, really lend itself to beautiful and stunning immersion.

is there a "universe" disney could step into with similar elements and intense brand loyalty? of course, but no one has been willing to go there. i guess it's cool to step into something animated like cars, but i think there are natural limitations to what you can do with that and what kind of thrills you can get with it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom