DHS and Narnia

Jasonflz

Original Poster
Recently, during a "worst attractions" poll on a previous forum, I suddenly remembered the awful Narnia attraction in DHS.

Just some questions; why did Disney keep this "show" considering the lack of major popularity for the films, and why hasn't it been used to at least promote current movies? (POTC 4 could have used a little gimmick)

WDW_Princess24

I can't believe I waited on a 15-20 min once for that. I spent the whole time waiting for something...anything. Half hour of my life I'll never get back.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I can't believe I waited on a 15-20 min once for that. I spent the whole time waiting for something...anything. Half hour of my life I'll never get back.

The same thing happened to me the first time I went through there (when it was still The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe). I kept wondering when the "journey" was going to start. I thought the extended trailer, with an appearance by the White Witch, was just the pre-show. Imagine my surprise when the "journey" led us to...glass enclosed props and costumes.

backinaction

Ive seen the wait time for this at peak about 45 minutes. Wow those people must have felt so jipped after they came out of there.

Bravo 229

Recently, during a "worst attractions" poll on a previous forum, I suddenly remembered the awful Narnia attraction in DHS.

Just some questions; why did Disney keep this "show" considering the lack of major popularity for the films, and why hasn't it been used to at least promote current movies? (POTC 4 could have used a little gimmick)

They used to change it all the time. I remember seeing The Haunted Mansion ballroom set in there, which was cool to see. Its not that big of a space, so it should be relatively easy for them to change it over for new films...but then again, this is TDO we're talking about.

lighteningqueen

We waited for 50 minutes one time.How stupid we are.Just missed the closing of the doors, so we thought oh darn. well we will just wait for the next one.OH MY GOSH.Pure embarrassing that we waited, bet the CM thought you stupid people you could have stood for Toy.. I kept waiting for something to happen.. NOTHING, my son in law still wont let me live this one down. This should be shut up. Disney really should be ashamed of doing something like this.The money it cost to waste a good space..

backinaction

close it down and dont replace it like sounds dangerous. poor show disney. The show for the first movie was a tiny bit better as i remember. They at least had the white witch come out (played by an actress) and attempted to make a very short show out of it. Now they just show you the preview for the movie, which now is extremely dated, and lead out a hall with some movie memorabilia. IMO sounds dangerous is a much better attraction than this

graphite1326

We waited for 50 minutes one time.How stupid we are.Just missed the closing of the doors, so we thought oh darn. well we will just wait for the next one.OH MY GOSH.Pure embarrassing that we waited, bet the CM thought you stupid people you could have stood for Toy.. I kept waiting for something to happen.. NOTHING, my son in law still wont let me live this one down. This should be shut up. Disney really should be ashamed of doing something like this.The money it cost to waste a good space..

I'm feeling pretty lucky. I only waited about 15 minutes. Still felt jipped when we came out.

jlevis

Went to Narnia this past April. Walked right in. When we came out I was shaking my head and saying; "what the he!! was that?'

rsoxguy

Please allow me to offer a dissenting view. I have never read the books by C.S. Lewis, but my wife did as a child, as did my daughter, who was still younger when we entered this attraction. We had not seen the film (the first one), and so we had no frame of reference for the show inside. My wife and my daughter were thrilled with the authenticity of the "wardrobe" facade, as well as the telling of the story inside. It was a childhood fantasy come to life, so to speak. For me, not so much. Still, when this thing first opened, it was a bit of a thrill for the two of them.

Gregoryp73

I think part of DHS's problem in general is that it is still stuck on doing the "behind the scene's" thing with some of these attractions rather than just the "celebration of"....

You'll always get better capacity and response from rides that emulate a movie, and puts the rider/guest in the middle of the experience.

Let's face it, we want to be the hero and the heroine, not the key grip (sorry if I offended any key grips out there)...granted movie support jobs are majorly important but not what we want to spend thousands of dollars on a vacation to see.

Granted rides cost more to maintain, but they draw more capacity consistently...

I would bet my life's earnings that if DHS focused on converting "stunt" shows, and stuff like "sounds dangerous" into bonifide put the guest into the movie type rides, DHS would shine as a disney property.

majorrfb

DHS in general

DHS is my least favorite theme park of the four. For us, this park is a 1/2 day visit at best. Basically, our only reason to go there is the Osborne Lights, during the Christmas Holidays seasons. Oh, we love the Nardia movies but the DHS attraction is a waste of time. :hammer:

Got to remember just this past Christmas Narnia 3 was up against Tron and Narnia still ended up making more money at the end of it's worldwide run. Many tourist from Europe and Asia that travel to the World love Narnia and this is a big deal to them. I really wish Disney would do Narnia justice and build an attraction or land in AK to help the fantasy animals section.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom