DHS 20th anniversary official events revealed

brkgnews

Original Poster
WDW Celebrations (full disclosure: I'm on the core team) is reporting that it has learned from management that the park will open early on 5/1. There will be a special rope-drop commemorative ceremony, and special sessions with Imagineers who helped create the park. Also some other goodies, including merch and special offerings at restaurants. Full details here...
http://www.wdwcelebrations.com/

GymLeaderPhil

Awesome.

Are they hard ticketing the Imagineering sessions AND are Studio 20 registrants going to have passes (like the 25th's Marty Sklar discussion)?

jedimaster1227

Are they hard ticketing the Imagineering sessions AND are Studio 20 registrants going to have passes (like the 25th's Marty Sklar discussion)?
The WDI Panel sessions are open to the public, meaning seats are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. As for seating tickets for S20 registrants, that has yet to be determined/announced.

brkgnews

Original Poster
Awesome.

I personally don't have those details just yet... some of the core team members who were directly involved in the discussions with management can probably answer.

I'm just the graphics goon of the operation ;)

EDIT: yeah... what Adam said. :D

Matpez

Awesome.

Either way, our schedule has now been updated to add these events and be sure all of our attendees should be able to attend without issue.
And... Anniversary Cupcakes! :)

loweyan

Plus I will say, the Disney operations staff were drooling when they talked about the cupcakes ;)

But the premiere theatre holds 1000, and it is first come first served for the day. We have worked with them about hard ticketing for S20 attendees and we are hopefully that they will be able to help us out.

Spyne

Really great to hear there will be things happening on the official front with Disney. Even though I won't be there for it, I'll definitely be following everything online. :)

Hi everyone, Jose from WDWCelebrations popping in. I have to say this just made that weekend a lot more entertaining. The cupcakes was the dealbreaker ;)

EpcotServo

I will be there on May 1st, you betta' believe it!

Other than the Imagineer session, I won't be sticking around for the meets...so I'm just gonna' crash your guys' party when I see you....
:lol:

mickeysaver

:sohappy: I am super happy to see this news! :sohappy:

I adjusted my ADR's so that I am free to stay at DHS for as long as I feel like it without feeling pressured to leave to go see Remy at Chefs. I was happy to find that I could rebook my ADR at Chefs and HBD at my choice of times to make these changes workable in my itinerary without missing out on things that I wanted to do.

I guess I will be registering with the unofficial celebrations gathering now, since it makes total sense to me to be at DHS all day on May 1st. :sohappy:

EPCOT Explorer

VERY, VERY nice offerings they are putting on. :D Wish it was a bigger deal but we all know how that goes...*coughEPCOT23AnimalKingdom10cough*

What? They could'nt do Sorcery in the Sky just for the heck of it? :lookaroun

That would be epic. Are they even doing Fantasmic that night?:lookaroun

JWG

The WDI Panel sessions are open to the public, meaning seats are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. As for seating tickets for S20 registrants, that has yet to be determined/announced.

Good to hear from you! I personally, not speaking for others, miss your updates and info.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom