Design A Ride?

Taylor?

Original Poster
I sometimes like thinking what a ride could look like in a Disney park, so I thought I'd ask you guys. You can make it as detailed as you want, but I'll go ahead and say what I think a Totoro ride could look like. (For those of you who don't know, Totoro is a film made by Studio Ghibli, and Disney owns the rights to that company. A former Disney imagineer actually sketched a ride based off this movie! You should check it out!) The only rules are it must be possible as far as you are aware, and it must be a Disney property.

Basically, the ride would simply tell the story of the movie. It would simply be called, "Totoro: The Ride," seeing as I'm so creative. You walk into the house of the two protagonists, Mei and Satsuki, and it serves as the queue as you walk through their house and see all of their belongings. You then go up into the attic which leads you into the pre-show. As you open the door, you see a screen on the wall of dust sprites coming out of a crack and covering up the entire room. The floor and all other walls, but to keep them from being dirty, there's a sliver of glass thick enough to not break from being stepped on. (Not an engineer, so I'm not sure if that would be possible, but I think it might.) You would then go back through the house and outside, where the loading area is. The loading area would be a forest, and your carts would be mini Catbuses. You would then get in your cart and be on your way. You would continue through the forest where you see a Mei animatronic chasing a small-totoro. (Pretty sure that's it's name?) This would be achieved in the same way the do Olaf in Frozen Ever After, but obviously, they're going much faster. (Mei does not have a projection face, but small-totoro has projection eyes.) After seeing them run around in circles, you go into a huge tree and escalate down. Here, you see an animatronic Totoro and an animatronic Mei sleeping on him. Totoro roars as you leave. You then arrive at the bus-stop in which you meet the cat-bus, who is represented by an animatronic. Mei and her sister, Satsuki stare in awe before you leave to the next scene, and Totoro looks down at the girls. You then go in a scene where a projected Totoro, Mei, and Satsuki are flying as Totoro is in some sort of spinning top form. (Don't ask.) There's also a giant tree. You then see Mei, and an animatronic Satsuki and Totoro walk in, again, using the same technique as Olaf. Totoro, however, hardly moves at all. You then see a scene of Mei and Satsuki hugging Totoro, and the ride ends.

Not to well thought out. But I'm still semi-proud of it. (Also, if you read all of that, wow.)

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
The only rules are it must be possible as far as you are aware, and it must be a Disney property.

Does it have to be? :( some of the greatest attractions ever had an outside sponsor or were created from scratch (Mystic Manor, ToT, Indiana Jones Adventure in DL, Space Mountain, BTMRR, HM, etc.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom