deserts that cost a bundle

kathyjacks

Original Poster
hi i am considering the dining plan and I am noticed that while espn counter service meal is very reasonable they have a sundae that is 17 bucks. something i would never pay for without the dining plan. anywhere else where the desert is good but riddiculous. we are splurging with and getting our 1,000 bucks out of this dining plan. its a 10 day stay.

e4ymod

I'm not sure about desserts, but there are limitations as to what you can get with the DDP. However, if you're looking into expensive desserts, you may want to take a look at the "Kitchen Sink" at Beaches & Cream. It has a scoop of every flavor of ice cream that Beaches and Cream carries, every topping, including brownies, cookies, and pound cake. It's got everything AND the kitchen sink.

tigsmom

kathyjacks said:
hi i am considering the dining plan and I am noticed that while espn counter service meal is very reasonable they have a sundae that is 17 bucks. something i would never pay for without the dining plan. anywhere else where the desert is good but riddiculous. we are splurging with and getting our 1,000 bucks out of this dining plan. its a 10 day stay.

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Tahoma, Arial]Superbowl Sundae ...Enough for the entire team!
Peanut butter blondied-style brownie topped with vanilla and chocolate ice cream, chocolate and caramel sauces, marinated strawberries, whipped cream and cherries

It serves a family, not just one person! :lol:
[/FONT]
The Kitchen Sink from Beaches and Cream is another to try, but again it is meant to be shared. We don't usually have desserts, but the sampler from the Yachtsman Steakhouse was very good and is meant to be shared by 2 people...it had servings of their best desserts and was about $12 or so.

The SuperBowl Sundae at the ESPN Club is extremely delicious, but very pricy!!! It is an excellent order though if you want to "stall" on your table and watch the rest of a game or hear the rest of a commentary. Just another one of Disney's expensive luxuries!!

"Visit the Timekeeper, he'd love to take the time to, take you, through time."

kathyjacks

Original Poster
since i am paying 1000 dollars for the dining plan i hope to eat as lavishly as i am allowed lol thanks for the info

tigsmom

kathyjacks said:
since i am paying 1000 dollars for the dining plan i hope to eat as lavishly as i am allowed lol thanks for the info

Don't eat so much that you'll get sick and not be able to enjoy yourself.

not that that has ever happened to anyone I know :lookaroun

tink rules

You have to stop worrying about the $1000 that you are spending... you will be getting far more for your money than if you payed it out individually.

Go and enjoy the meals and the restaurants and relax...you'll have a great time.

Tim G

kathyjacks said:
I hate you.. :mad: :( :lookaroun :lookaroun :) :animwink: :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

tigsmom

kathyjacks said:
why corrus? :brick:

Because he is probably back on his diet...or not home at the moment.

:lol:

I think if you go thru the menus (posted on Magic and a few other sites) you can pick out the food you want to try, like to have, etc. Don't think of it as getting my moneys worth or you won't enjoy your trip. I have never really had a bad meal in WDW, some were just better than others.

BRER STITCH

brkgnews said:
Apple Struessel at Biergarten... yummy yummy!

EXACTLY what I had in mind, BRKGNEWS!!! :lol:

Also, the cobbler at Liberty Tree and the AWOL pineapple and caramel sauce at O'Hana were two more of my faves!

:slurp: :slurp: :slurp:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom