Descendants, Teen Beach Movie & High School Musical

TheErinnyes

Original Poster
We are heading to Disney World for Halloween 2015 and my kids are HUGE fans of Descendants, Teen Beach & High School Musical. I'm struggling to find any events / shows / meet & greets / insert-something-fabulous-here happenings that involve those shows!

I emailed Disney's Guest Relations and their suggestion was to subscribe to their blog to hear about new events. Hmmm, so I take that to mean there isn't much going on in regards to Descendants, Teen Beach Movie OR High School Musical...? I don't know, I'm skeptical. There must be SOMETHING in ONE of those parks!!

Any suggestions?!

Thanks for your time & help!

Donald96

We are heading to Disney World for Halloween 2015 and my kids are HUGE fans of Descendants, Teen Beach & High School Musical. I'm struggling to find any events / shows / meet & greets / insert-something-fabulous-here happenings that involve those shows!

I emailed Disney's Guest Relations and their suggestion was to subscribe to their blog to hear about new events. Hmmm, so I take that to mean there isn't much going on in regards to Descendants, Teen Beach Movie OR High School Musical...? I don't know, I'm skeptical. There must be SOMETHING in ONE of those parks!!

Any suggestions?!

Thanks for your time & help!
I believe Typhoon Lagoon still does a Teen Beach show but nothing in the theme parks.

Jon81uk

There was a parade for High School Musical maybe 8 years ago when it was first shown. Nothing announced for Descendants

Matt_Black

The closest for Descendants is that you might be able to meet some of the "parents" from the film, though I haven't checked what villains will be meeting at MNSSHP this year.

And regarding the "thankfully" comment, while I myself am not the target audience for most of these, I was pleasantly surprised at how watchable Descendants was, though the "hip, modern" rendition of Be Our Guest made me want to jam an icepick in my ears.

TheErinnyes

Original Poster
Matt_Black.... Being that I've now heard the pop version of 'Be Our Guest' about 67 times I couldn't agree more and am looking for an icepick now.... ;)

Thanks everyone! i just didn't want to find out after the fact that there was some sort of big event / show / etc. that we missed. The way the Descendants merch is flying off the shelves (at least up here in NJ) I'm surprised WDW isn't catering to that just a bit. I'll continue to keep my (mouse) ears out & if I hear of anything I'll post back for other people who might stumble on this post.

JIMINYCR

I'm sure they wont miss out on mass promoting it in the parks once they get the series up and it shows there is a following/demand for the new characters. Its still too early for them to risk investing a lot into something that has yet to show a huge consistent fan base.

French Quarter

I know Descendants is just getting started but you think they would at least be promoting the merch. It is flying off the shelves here too.

And while these are not the shows that everybody likes, I would imagine there is a huge following in the preteen demographic.

I think my 8 yr. old watches Descendents at least once a day...we had to go to Kohl's and buy the clothes for the start of school. We looked at Target for Mal costume and they were out. She asked me if they would have Descendants stuff when we go to Disney in June and I said I didn't know for sure but I'm assuming as popular as this stuff is in stores they may do something. This is a very good question if you have kids around this age......we will be interested to hear if anything comes out further......

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom