Demolition of Cantina begins Jan 4

MythBuster

Original Poster
I heard that the Mexico Cantina demolition/construction will begin Jan 4, so they will have a bigger and better new Cantina and will eventually improve traffic flow in the area also.

jakeman

It's too bad the food won't get better.

:hurl:
Yeah, we had some friends by there that would swear by it.

I thought it was some of the worst Mexican food I had ever had.

That whole pavilion needs a good swift kick in the burro, food wise. It hasn't been good in about 10 years.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Yeah, we had some friends by there that would swear by it.

I thought it was some of the worst Mexican food I had ever had.

That whole pavilion needs a good swift kick in the burro, food wise. It hasn't been good in about 10 years.
You might be thinking of the San Angel Inn which is the restaurant inside the pavilion and I would agree with you on its quality of lack of to be more correct. The Cantina is the QS outside the pavilion. While the Cantina is far from gourmet Mexican it is on par with Mexican fast food.

tirian

You might be thinking of the San Angel Inn which is the restaurant inside the pavilion and I would agree with you on its quality of lack of to be more correct. The Cantina is the QS outside the pavilion. While the Cantina is far from gourmet Mexican it is on par with Mexican fast food.

No, it's not. Not if you've ever been to south Texas or Mexico. This is Epcot, not Taco Bell.

Come to think of it, Taco Bell tastes better. :rolleyes:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
No, it's not. Not if you've ever been to south Texas or Mexico. This is Epcot, not Taco Bell.

I can't say that I have ever been to Mexico or south Texas. I guess that is a positive as I would have one less QS place to go to at Epcot had I ever visited those places.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I believe we ate there once, more to get good seats for Illuminations than anything else. I seem to recall the food being nice, not thrilling, but nice for the price we paid. I'd be interested to see how they are going to rebuild the place, since it was mentioned that the restaurant seemed to cause a bit of a traffic jam going into the World Showcase. I wonder too if they're going to move the little shops that are right next to the Cantina in the process.....

Castle Cake Apologist

You might be thinking of the San Angel Inn which is the restaurant inside the pavilion and I would agree with you on its quality of lack of to be more correct.

Sad... San Angel Inn is one of my favorite table service restaurants lol.

It's about time they did something with La Cantina de San Angel, though... it's a traffic nightmare and the lines get so long during peak times. It was not designed with crowds in mind, methinks.

Rockerbella31

I agree about the food. I went to Epcot this November and the food was terrible. I remember the quality of the food being better. My mom was upset that we wasted money on such bad food. Disney has to do something about this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom