Delux dining plan

coachjt

Original Poster
I have the privlage of having a mother who is a cm, I am going to wdw next week and was wondering if cm's can get a discount on the delux dining plan? We already have the basic plan, can we upgrade?

DisneyJoe

Dining plans are not usually discounted, just room and tickets.

You can probably upgrade by paying the difference in cost, about $30/night per person.

Rob562

I've never seen CM offered the deluxe dining plan, only the basic plan.

Though it stands to reason that if they're willing to pay the difference in price, they can upgrade...
Even Guests who book the Free Dining promotion (in which they're essentially paying $0 for the basic DDP), can upgrade to the Deluxe by paying the difference in price.

-Rob

TURKEY

Though it stands to reason that if they're willing to pay the difference in price, they can upgrade...
Even Guests who book the Free Dining promotion (in which they're essentially paying $0 for the basic DDP), can upgrade to the Deluxe by paying the difference in price.

-Rob

True, but that is on a rack rate package. It appears that in this case that there is a CM discounted room involved that doesn't require tickets. If that's the case, the dining plan isn't offered to CM all the time, just certain times of the year.

Just like any dining plan currently, the plan must be added before arrival. I've never seen any package codes or offers for CMs to have the deluxe dining plan.

harryk

Had the basic dining plan during my visit in December 08 and had not used it when we had lunch at the WL, Whispering Canyon. Stopped at registration desk and asked to upgrade to the next level, Delux, and was told that I had to have done it before I completed the registration at the Lodge. I bumped my request upstairs and was advised that once the plan was activated I could not upgrade - it had to be done before I completed the registration. - So my answer to the question is - no - you cannot upgrade once you have paid for the plan.

coachjt

Original Poster
Thank you all so much. And yes there are certian times a year they offer cm's a discount on the dining plan. The room and dining plan are allready paid for. Thought it through, and wouldnt matter much. Our trip is for next week and dont think I could get ressies for any of the restraunts that require two TS credits anyway.

It dosnt matter, at the price we get for the entire trip, I feel very blessed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom