Deliveries to your hotel room

SirWillow

We order groceries from Garden Grocer, and bell services will hold (and refrigerate) the packages and then deliver to your room at your request. They've never charged us, just the tip we give to the bellhop.

I've read this several times in several different places. Enough that we're having them deliver some groceries to us on our trip that's a few days away. I've heard that Wal Mart will also deliver to the resorts

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
Stayed at Wilderness Lodge this past Dec-Jan. We ordered soft drinks, lunchables, and cough medicine from Prime Now on separate occasions. There was not an additional fee for the packages. We knew when our orders were delivered via the Prime Now app. From there, we contacted bell services to bring the packages to our room.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
The distinction here to be made is whether it is a fresh grocery only delivery, or just a package being sent to the hotel. Any package arriving by a carrier- USPS, UPS, Fed Ex, DHS, etc addressed on the package to the recipient will be sent to an off site storage facilty until you arrive. It will also cost you $5 per package.
Fresh grocery deliveries made by the company will be held at bell services and you can either pick it up yourself or have bell services deliver it to your room.
Amazon prime now and instacart are considered the later of the two, it is a fresh delivery and will be held at bell services
This. Amazon Fresh is grocery. "Regular" Amazon is not.

ctcdisneymama

Original Poster
I ordered from Amazon Fresh and never got charged--both at Poly and Coronado. This year, I plan to have Publix via Instacart deliver some subs to me since I will not have a car to go get them myself and my first delivery is free.
Doing the same! Instacart has such affordable delivery fees.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Last week I saw a lady carrying away two large grocery bags labeled WHOLE FOODS AMAZON PRIME and she was walking away from the Bell Services area to elevators.....did not occur to me that those staying in the DVC units with kitchens could do that...pretty cool but sure there was $$$ to pay....anyhow less expensive than table service for sure. :happy:

homerdance

We just (last week) used WalMart grocery delivery, paid like $10 to have it delivered to bell services. Went well.
We also ended up having to using shipt from target to get something we left off the original order, went better.
Both went to bell services, and are "free"+tip.

Katie.Ski

Has anyone had experience with sending deliveries to their hotel room? I was thinking of purchasing a few things off amazon prime to have sent to my room. Is this even possible?
We have used Garden Grocer twice, no fee from the resort, they provide a discount if you order in advance and once we got the wrong delivered. I emailed them and got a the correct item delivered the same day!

fball1208

We are staying at POR Riverside next week and will probably get somethings from amazon Now, Fresh fruit milk etc. So this will be held at bell services for us free of charge (- tip of course)? if thats the case ill pick a earlier delivery time so i dont have to wait on it.

SirWillow

We are staying at POR Riverside next week and will probably get somethings from amazon Now, Fresh fruit milk etc. So this will be held at bell services for us free of charge (- tip of course)? if thats the case ill pick a earlier delivery time so i dont have to wait on it.

Our groceries actually beat us to the hotel by several hours on this trip. I got the emails and calls from Garden Grocer when we landed in Atlanta on our way down. Had no problem calling bell services (luggage here at the Pop Century) and having them delivered. It took about an hour after we were in our room as they were backed up with luggage deliveries, but had no problems. And the cold stuff was cold.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
From WDW Website...

Receiving Mail
Guests staying at Walt Disney World Resort hotels can receive mail throughout their stay. Occasionally, some Guests choose to ship items in advance of their vacation to help save luggage space.
If you intend to receive mail during your vacation, be sure the letter or package:
  • Includes the mailing address of your Disney Resort Hotel
  • Clearly features the word “Guest” on the front and the date of your arrival
Please note that a $5 per package handling fee will apply to all packages that are received through the Front Desk or are delivered to your Disney Resort hotel room.

LAKid53

Premium Member
For those who've used Publix delivery via Instacart, the groceries are delivered to your resort, but not your resort room, correct? I've used Publix delivery service at home. Agree prices are reasonable and that I can select my delivery window is great.

LAKid53

Premium Member
FYI for those who drive or will have a rental car. There's a brand new Publix and Wal-Mart on 429, about 2 miles from the gate on Western Way. Exit off 429 at the New International Parkway exit. There's also a Publix behind MK in the Lakeside Village Center. It's about a 10-15 minute drive and you get to drive through MK backstage areas.

SirWillow

From WDW Website...
Receiving Mail
Guests staying at Walt Disney World Resort hotels can receive mail throughout their stay. Occasionally, some Guests choose to ship items in advance of their vacation to help save luggage space.
If you intend to receive mail during your vacation, be sure the letter or package:
  • Includes the mailing address of your Disney Resort Hotel
  • Clearly features the word “Guest” on the front and the date of your arrival
Please note that a $5 per package handling fee will apply to all packages that are received through the Front Desk or are delivered to your Disney Resort hotel room.
This applies to mail and packages being delivered by services like UPS/ FedEx, etc. So those fees would apply to a deliver from, say, Amazon Prime Now. It does not, however, apply to deliveries from other services such as Publix, Walmart, Garden Grocer etc as those are not "mailed packages"

For those who've used Publix delivery via Instacart, the groceries are delivered to your resort, but not your resort room, correct? I've used Publix delivery service at home. Agree prices are reasonable and that I can select my delivery window is great.

Assuming that they work exactly the same as WalMart delivery and Garden Grocer, things are delivered to luggage/ bell services. When you arrive and are checked in, call down and they will then bring them to your room, just like they would luggage. So have a little cash to tip whoever brings it to your room.

ctcdisneymama

Original Poster

They delivered to bell service. I just went and picked them up. Had to show ID for when we ordered a bottle of wine. Super easy and worth it, in my opinion.

ctcdisneymama

Original Poster
This applies to mail and packages being delivered by services like UPS/ FedEx, etc. So those fees would apply to a deliver from, say, Amazon Prime Now. It does not, however, apply to deliveries from other services such as Publix, Walmart, Garden Grocer etc as those are not "mailed packages"

Assuming that they work exactly the same as WalMart delivery and Garden Grocer, things are delivered to luggage/ bell services. When you arrive and are checked in, call down and they will then bring them to your room, just like they would luggage. So have a little cash to tip whoever brings it to your room.

We did not receive a delivery fee from the hotel. We had ordered from instacart a few time and was not charged the handling fee either time.

SirWillow

We did not receive a delivery fee from the hotel. We had ordered from instacart a few time and was not charged the handling fee either time.

You didn't receive any fees because they were not packages. If it comes from the USPS, Fed EX, UPS, etc, there will be a fee for each package delivered. If you're receiving bags from a grocery delivery service, there aren't any fees. Instacart is a grocery delivery service, not a shipment/ mail delivery service, so there aren't fees.

fball1208

We did Prime Now and there was no fee, They held it at bell services and i picked it up. Could have had it taken to the room but was in the lobby anyway so just carried it back.

I am Timmy

This last Dec. we used Fairytale personal shopper, they go any where you want and get anything you want. I liked it because I have a special needs son and he's particular. I was able to make a list of exactly what I wanted: brand, no. in package, specific items fresh from a bakery, etc. and got it all. They live there, deliver to any resort, and even went to Costco for me. I usually go myself by Uber, and the cost would have been comparable. This way I could just meet them out front and get my goodies at whatever time I set up with them. Very convenient and reasonable for the service!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom