deleted

DHSCM

Dang as someone who spent tons of hours with those trash cans as a custodian I got more upset than I should have. One thing I learned during my training and orientation was that those cans are actually very expensive and they don't like to replace them, also extremely heavy. So they are more then likely the same cans I used just with an updated decal, as I am sure they will do again once they figure out the new direction of the park and take off the sounstage thats currently on there.

roj2323

Dang as someone who spent tons of hours with those trash cans as a custodian I got more upset than I should have. One thing I learned during my training and orientation was that those cans are actually very expensive and they don't like to replace them, also extremely heavy. So they are more then likely the same cans I used just with an updated decal, as I am sure they will do again once they figure out the new direction of the park and take off the sounstage thats currently on there.

Yep it's $1500 just to repaint them. Former DHS showkeeper too

roj2323

ah hello there former showkeeper, Ah those were the days, working restrooms and have SCC,Tri city, and LMA god I miss it all so much.

I worked all of them. Before the park went global in September of 2009 I was an Icon Showkeeper so Icon, scifi, Shed was my normal route allthough Pizza, muppets, Mama happened a lot as well. After we went global and I actually ended up training all of the full timers on where the other restrooms and associated trash can and supply sheds were. I was all over the place but got put on Sunset quite often simply because I was able to keep up with it. The recycle runs were the one thing I hated mostly because it took 3-4 hours to do the run and, you needed to do it twice during a shift. I usually just ended up prebagging so second run was much faster. When I came back in 2015 there was literally no rime or reason as to where your work location would be for the day and that resulted in a lot of mediocre showkeeping.

DHSCM

I worked all of them. Before the park went global in September of 2009 I was an Icon Showkeeper so Icon, scifi, Shed was my normal route allthough Pizza, muppets, Mama happened a lot as well. After we went global and I actually ended up training all of the full timers on where the other restrooms and associated trash can and supply sheds were. I was all over the place but got put on Sunset quite often simply because I was able to keep up with it. The recycle runs were the one thing I hated mostly because it took 3-4 hours to do the run and, you needed to do it twice during a shift. I usually just ended up prebagging so second run was much faster. When I came back in 2015 there was literally no rime or reason as to where your work location would be for the day and that resulted in a lot of mediocre showkeeping.
really?! I was SK in 2014 and there was a board on the wall in the trailer that said what zone we where in as well as our breaks and all of that stuff. Its sad to hear that it got mediocre me along with my fellow SK's loved our time there and still all talk, as well as DHS constantly being awarded the cleanest park of all of Disney World. There was such much enjoyment, fun, and high standards when I worked there. Maybe it was the leaders and coordinators we had but it was the best time of a majority of our lives that most of us either stayed or came back since then, I came back and did Photopass and I do have to admit I didn't see any of the same coordinators or managers I used to so maybe that was it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom