dedicated 2 bedroom or lock off?

eliza61nyc

Original Poster
Any preference? getting ready to book our vacation for next August, have a few more weeks until my 11 month window opens up. Booking a 2 bedroom at Beach club and was wondering what do folks prefer. It will be 2 families of 3 each. My sister in law, niece and my mother in law (hopefully, she's had some health issues)

Never did the lock off before. pros and cons?

JaxFLBear

A 2-bedroom lock-off is a studio and 1-bedroom with an interior connecting door. Each side also has an entrance, so those in the studio can come/go through their own door if they want to. The studio side also has a kitchenette.
The studio side will have a queen bed, double sleeper sofa and a single pull down bed (under TV).
The 1-bedroom side will have a king bed (master bedroom) and a queen sleeper sofa (living room).

A dedicated 2-bedroom will have a king bed (master bedroom), 2 queens (2nd bedroom) and 1 queen-size sleeper sofa (living room).

correcaminos

I prefer the dedicated especially if we have a 4th person with us. A lock off is fine for 3 of us though. Dedicated are easier to book than lock offs too.

Another consideration involves the Dining Plan. If there are different families in each room, they are on one reservation,therefore there is one Dining Plan for both. Each member of both families will see the running totals for the remaining meals of both families, instead of seeing the remaining meals their own rooms.

It did not make a difference for us.

nickys

Premium Member
Another consideration involves the Dining Plan. If there are different families in each room, they are on one reservation,therefore there is one Dining Plan for both. Each member of both families will see the running totals for the remaining meals of both families, instead of seeing the remaining meals their own rooms.

It did not make a difference for us.

Booking either kind of a 2 bedroom villa is one reservation. This is not the same as two rooms in a non-dvc resort, or two studios.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom