Decorating Magic Bands

EnchantedRose

So I was looking Pinterest and saw that some people have started decorating their magic bands. A lot of posts I have founds online have people using nail polish, but the major complaint is that it cracks. I personally would feel that nail polish can look a bit messy....so I was thinking of using tattoos, or stickers/decals to decorate our bands and instead of sealing it with Clear nail polish using Mod podge...but I am not aware if this cracks as well. I know there are few different types of mod podge at michaels the last time i was there. So for those that have decorated their MB or anything else using Mod Podge..how does it hold up?

disneygirl1

We just bought coverbands for our magic bands. They were $6! Totally worth it. Google search DVC Central and chose coverbands once you get to the website. We just ordered ours Saturday and was told they ship today. I can't wait to get them this week. We found out about them when we were there in May. Starting talking to someone in line at the bus and they had them on there magic bands.

Upvote 0

EnchantedRose

Original Poster
Just checked out the site!! These look so cool!!! Looks like i'll be doing some shopping! Thanks so much for the link! This is perfect....and it avoids the hassle of me doing it myself and messing the bands up!

Upvote 0

Ariel484

I've heard nail polish, temporary tattoos, Mod Podge, acrylic paint, decorative duct tape (probably what I would do, not very artistic)...etc. People really go all out! It definitely sounds like sealing the band in some way with a clear top coat is important.

Upvote 0

EnchantedRose

Original Poster
I've heard nail polish, temporary tattoos, Mod Podge, acrylic paint, decorative duct tape (probably what I would do, not very artistic)...etc. People really go all out! It definitely sounds like sealing the band in some way with a clear top coat is important.

Yeah i've seen a few different takes on this. Sealing is actually my question. I know nail polish will crack...and will end up looking a bit sloppy. I was actually trying to see if anyone knew of different types of sealers that would be more flexible and won't crack. I do like the idea of the decals that just stick on....but i'd like to take a go and decorating one of my old bands as a test.

Upvote 0

mmouse05

I can attest to the durability of the ones from DVCcentral. I ordered the Star Wars combo and wore them during 95 degree heat the last week of May. They held up great and we received many comments/compliments on them.

They are also removable/reuse able so I change them for haunted mansion theme in September.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom